Director, Human Resources at Inspire
Inspire is a clean energy technology company on a mission to transform the way consumers access clean energy and to accelerate the world’s transition to a net-zero carbon future.
We provide our customers with access to renewable energy from wind, solar, and hydro powered sources without service interruptions or costly installations at a flat, predictable monthly rate. For every year that a customer spends with Inspire Clean Energy, they have a greater impact on climate change than 10 years of strict recycling.
Our rapidly growing team of mission-driven, climate enthusiasts is passionate, innovative and committed to a better future for the planet.
As the Director, Human Resources at Inspire, you and your team will become key partners and trusted advisors to leaders and employees across our organization. You'll partner with leadership across the organization and the People team to provide expertise and consultation in change management, DE&I, talent review calibrations, performance management, succession planning, promotions, employee experience and talent development.
We are a high growth, high performance culture and this role is critical to optimizing our people strategy throughout the employee lifecycle. You will be responsible for utilizing People data and analytics to provide a strategic approach to identify, prioritize and successfully propose, implement and execute on People initiatives and projects.
THE DIRECTOR, HR HAS 6 MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES
- Reinforce High-Performance Culture work closely with our managers on how to set clear performance expectations and provide ongoing and direct feedback. Utilize data to identify gaps and propose training and/or coaching opportunities.
- Talent Strategy Roadmap: Lead the organization's multi-year talent strategy and work directly with leadership to identify and build the capability, programs and processes needed to support the business strategy in partnership with key players on the People team.
- Retain and Engage Talent: Gain deep knowledge on the unique talent challenges of your assigned team and work with leaders and team members to address them. This will include career pathing/ job definition, retention strategies, and partnering with Learning and Development.
- Lead Core People Processes: Guide your teams through Inspire’s talent processes and programs, including: performance management and compensation reviews, employee survey action planning, talent review, gap analysis, succession planning, organizational design, and headcount planning.
- Advise on Employee Relations Issues: Support managers through the performance management process on your assigned teams including performance improvement plans and various employee relations issues and terminations.
- Lead your Team: Build and develop a team capable of identifying and solving talent challenges across the organization. Partner effectively across other parts of People:Talent Acquisition, Learning, People Ops, Comp & Analytics and Employee Experience to ensure that they are aware of organizational changes that could impact their work and have the right context to support the business well.
SOME YEAR 1 DELIVERABLES
- Lead the redesign of the Performance Management, Feedback, Engagement & Recognition Systems in partnership with Compensation & Analytics Sr Manager.
- Design and Implement Talent Review, Gap Analysis, HiPo Acceleration & Succession Planning
- Partner with VP People to lead the 2022 Organizational Design & Headcount Planning process
- Build out 12-18 month talent strategy roadmap across the organization
- Create a streamlined job description evaluation process and a sustainable job description library
- Provide critical inputs and guidance to our Compensation & Analytics team around the Comp Adjustment & Promotion process
- Goal Attainment within your assigned organizations
- Employee Retention (Regrettable Voluntary Turnover)
- Talent Strategy roadmap in place
- Job Description development and library set up
- Self-Managing: must be able to regulate time, attention and emotions, while remaining aware of your strengths, weaknesses and potential sources of bias.
- Effective Communicator: able to communicate on all levels: one on one, to the department and to the entire team, as well as via phone, email and online.
- Accountable And Responsible: you appreciate the importance of supporting and encouraging individuality while also understanding organizational structures and the need to follow rules and policies. They are able to balance different perspectives while taking appropriate action.
- Agile: you are willing and able to adapt to suddenly changing circumstances and to know how and when to seize on opportunities amid a changing landscape. You are flexible in your mindset and are willing to try new approaches and ideas,
- 8+ years progressively responsible HR roles including experience or exposure to areas such as talent acquisition, talent management, learning & development, employee engagement, employee relations and diversity, equity and inclusion.
- 3+ years of experience guiding, developing, coaching and managing a team of 2 or more
- Experience implementing a wide range of creative and thoughtful talent management strategies and programs in a fast-paced, high-growth company to include, future of work, DE&I, performance management and talent review.
- Experience creating and executing on tactical HR programs that solve people / business problems.
- Excellent facilitation and communication skills with an innate ability to identify root cause and coach for change while motivating others.
- High level of integrity, authenticity, and dependability with a bias for action and results-orientation.
- Intermediate to advanced experience with GSuite and Microsoft tools such as Excel/Sheet and PowerPoint/Slides
Nice to Have
- Excitement for applying creative and innovative solutions to solve complex problems.
- Skills with focus on change management, analytics, project management, planning and execution excellence.
- Previous experience building or informing general compensations structures and incentive plans
- Familiarity with Greenhouse and TriNet helpful