Director of Human Resources at Kandji (San Diego, CA)
| San Diego, CA
Sorry, this job was removed at 7:35 a.m. (CST) on Thursday, September 1, 2022
Kandji is building the future of Apple Enterprise Management. The use of Apple devices in the enterprise is growing rapidly. Drawing on decades of experience in Apple IT, we saw a dire need for a modern Apple device management platform that could accommodate growing businesses and increasing regulatory demands.
Kandji grew to hundreds of B2B customers within a few months of initial product launch in 2019, and secured a $100 million Series C in late 2021. Today, we have a 95% Customer Satisfaction rate and a rapidly growing community of customers, including names like Crunchbase, Belkin, Rackspace, Allbirds, FabFitFun, VSCO, and Turo.
Behind our business is a handful of the best investors in tech. Together, we are creating a new category of device management that can better serve modern businesses.
We are seeking a Director of HR to join us as we further build out our People team. This is an exciting opportunity to join a fast-paced startup, to further define and build out our HR and performance processes as well as to manage our HRIS system, international benefits, and onboarding.
The Director of HR will report to the Chief People Officer and work closely with the Senior Director of Talent and Employee Development as well as the Director of Total Rewards and the larger People Operations Team.
This will be a hybrid role in which the employee will work in Kandji's San Diego office on Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday and have the option to work from home on Wednesday and Friday.
See the amazing San Diego Onsite Benefits & Perks below!
- Manage and maintain HRIS System, Workday implementation, domestic and international health insurance offerings, and other employee benefits
- Own employee survey creation and execution
- Manage time off policies for employees
- Partner with Legal regarding any employee matters
- Liaise with Total Rewards regarding bonuses, promotions, job leveling and overall compensation strategy
- Improve processes and manage all onboarding and offboarding
- Assess the human resources needs in areas such as performance management, employee relations, career development, and leadership
- Serve as an advisor and confidante to business leaders, helping them navigate the complexity of building, retaining, and growing their teams
- Draft and Implement HR procedures, policies, and best practices
- Act as liaison between employees and management to answer questions or concerns regarding company policies, practices, and regulations
- Partner with leaders to align HR deliverables with business strategy, which includes bringing best practice and external perspectives to strategic and operational business discussions and people management decision-making
- Lead the communication and rollout of HR programs and projects
- Perform other miscellaneous duties as assigned which may include cross-team initiatives
- Define metrics and generate related reports
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent, as well as PHR or SHRM Certification
- Experience managing Workday HRIS, implementation experience preferred
- Passion for fast paced startup environment
- Empathy and ability to connect with all departments within the organization
- Experience with Global HR Management
- 8+ years of progressive experience in HR Operations
- You have a passion for providing extraordinary customer service
- Success with managing a high volume of work
- Strong organization skills, time management, and attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks
- Experience with macOS and Google Workplace applications are nice to have
San Diego Onsite Benefits & Perks
- San Diego Onsite Benefits & Perks
- Coffee, snacks, and lunch are provided 3x a week
- Commuter benefits + parking would be covered!
- Discounted gym membership (corporate-sponsored gym near office)
- Budget to relocate if you're not in the San Diego Area
We are excited to be serving a significant need for a fast-growing market, and are proud of the high-performing team we have brought together so far. If you’re someone who wants to engage in new, exciting projects that will challenge your skills in the best way possible, we would love to connect with you.
At Kandji we believe in fostering an inclusive environment in which employees feel encouraged to share their unique perspectives, leverage their strengths, and act authentically. We know that diverse teams are strong teams, and welcome those from all backgrounds and varying experiences.
Kandji is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability, protected veteran or military status or any other status protected by applicable law.
More Information on Kandji
Kandji operates in the Information Technology industry. The company is located in San Diego, CA. Kandji was founded in 2018. It has 300 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Partners with nonprofits, Eat lunch together, Daily sync, Open door policy, OKR operational model and Team based strategic planning. To see all 5 open jobs at Kandji, click here.
Read Full Job Description