Director of Human Resources, U.S. at Pushpay (Washington DC)
About the position
This role is responsible for leading our US Human Resources function. The role oversees the planning, development, implementation, administration, and budgeting for US related employee relations, recruitment, benefits, compensation, employment law, health and safety programs and local recognition and engagement.
The US Director of Human Resources will oversee the US HR business partners, generalists and the recruiting team. The teams are located in Redmond, WA and Colorado Springs, CO and work closely with our HR team located in Auckland, New Zealand.
Here at Pushpay, we are leaders in our industry supporting 10,000+ customers to drive social good in communities around the world through our suite of SaaS products. In the 2021 financial year we were honored to process US$6.9 billion in charitable giving. We think that makes for a pretty special environment to grow a career. Over the last few years, Pushpay has grown substantially, including an exciting acquisition in 2020 and the need to bring multiple products into a cohesive user experience that increases outcomes for our users.
What you'll do
- Partner and collaborate with senior leadership to focus on driving the organization's goals and strategy related to culture, retention, and growth.
- Be a key member of the HR Leadership Team (HRLT), which focuses on continuing to build and blossom the human resources function.
- Plan, develop, and implement HR related policies, processes, and initiatives to mature the department and support the organisation’s goals and strategies.
- Advise leadership and the board of directors in people related policy and program matters, making or recommending appropriate decisions as consistent with strategic direction.
- Select, lead, coach and develop the US team of HR generalists, business partners and recruiters.
- Evolve and oversee the US recruitment function, focusing on implementing best practices, improving processes, using data to drive decisions and meeting the recruitment needs of the business.
- Maintain knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources; apply this knowledge to recommend changes in policy, practice, and resources to leadership.
- Monitor and ensure the organization’s compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews and modifies policies and practices to maintain compliance. Includes but is not limited to: EEO, ADA, FLSA, FMLA, Workers' Compensation, COBRA, etc.
- Own the US benefit program, including the renewals of plans, reviewing overall rewards and benefits and proposing and recommending outcomes to the leadership team.
- Manage our employee relations processes and act as an escalation point as needed.
- Develop and implement the US departmental budget.
- Partner with other HR leaders to support training, learning and development and HR operations.
- Analyse and translate data and metrics into insights and actionable strategy.
- Performs other duties as required.
Key Skills and Abilities
- Thrive in a fast-paced, growth environment. Love growth. Love change.
- Ability and passion to impact, develop and grow an HR organization.
- Driven to constantly improve the status quo.
- Thrive on simplicity.
- Prefer to roll up your sleeves and dig into it all.
- Analytical and very comfortable with data and analysis. Use data to drive decisions.
- Creative with solutions.
- Excellent communicator, to executives and to the entire organization.
- Bring people along with your vision.
- Follow through on ideas - action-oriented and a successful implementer.
- Passionate to provide an excellent employee experience.
- Approachable, empathetic person with sound judgment.
- Extensive experience influencing business leaders individually and collectively. You bring experience and a skillset of proposing solutions and bringing others along.
- Significant experience in handling sensitive employee relations matters with tact and diplomacy.
- Successful track record of establishing credibility and trust with a diverse and remote employee base.
- Exceptional communication and relationship building skills. Highly collaborative style and desire to work as a team with a results-driven approach.
- High level knowledge of US employment-related laws and regulations.
- Proficient with Google Suite or related software.
- Ability to quickly learn the organization’s HR systems and tools.
Experience and Education Requirements
- 10+ years of progressive Human Resources experience, preferably within fast-growing technology startups.
- 5+ years of leadership experience managing HR functions
- 2+ years of Talent Acquisition experience
- Experience administering full employee lifecycle from hire to separation; performance management, leaves of absence, immigration, relocation
- Experience with compensation and benefits plan administration
- Experience in hiring, managing, and developing employees for performance and growth.
- Proficient with HR Technology, systems and reporting. ADP and HRIS experience preferred.
We have a passion for making all employees feel supported. In addition to having a genuine interest in helping you do your best work and drive your career, we offer:
- 100% Employer paid Health Insurance Plan: Medical | Dental | Vision
- 50% Employer paid dependent care Health Insurance Plan: Medical | Dental | Vision
- PTO & 11 Paid Holidays
- 401K with match
- Flexible working program
CO Salary range: $157,201-$175,529
Pushpay provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Pushpay complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.