Director, Human Resources, Product and Technology at Paylocity
Don't just land a job. Launch your future.
Our all-in-one software platform gives HR pros a way to easily manage daily tasks in payroll, benefits, talent, and workforce management.
But what makes us different is that our technology is backed by a culture that cares. We care about our team members, clients, and partners - because people matter most. And people have always been at the heart of our business.
Since our founding in 1997, this is the thing that's stayed the same, from our employees to the millions of users nationwide that access our platform. We pride ourselves on partnering with our clients to build the workplace they and their employees crave.
Let's go forward together.
The HR Director will partner with the Product and Technology leaders and VP of HR, CDO, to establish strategic talent plans and objectives to meet business needs. This individual will be responsible for effective development, analysis, deployment, and evaluation of HR programs/policies/practices and serve as a strategic thought partner. The HR Director will work directly with Director and VP level Leadership regarding change initiatives, performance decisions/actions, talent management and development, retention and engagement, employee communication, diversity and various other HR programs in support of achieving business goals.
Reports to: VP, HR/Chief Diversity Officer
The below represents the primary duties of the position, others may be assigned as needed. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Provide HR functional expertise on business strategies, as well as sound business expertise, to functional leaders.
- Develop, implement, and own the strategic workforce plans that are aligned with business strategies and objectives.
- Diagnosis, develop, and evaluate skills and core metrics to guide in the shaping of innovative HR solutions.
- Direct development & succession planning efforts to develop world-class talent.
- Analyze employee data to provide actionable insights & recommendations that improve employee experience.
- Create custom people initiatives that accelerate change: master the art of creating, building, deploying, and/or facilitating high-impact, laser-focused initiatives that realize clear value.
- Serve as Change Management support and develop and direct effective change management strategies, communications and training in support of organizational change.
- Deliver coaching and insights that grow the leader effectiveness- regularly assess/diagnose organizational health and activate executive coaching skills.
- Orchestrate strategic cross-functional alignment with the HR ecosystem: Talent Acquisition, OD, Learning & Development, Compensation, etc.
- 10+ years of experience across HRBP and leadership roles & 3+ years supporting one or more executives (at the top 3 levels of an organization)
- Executive presence: resilience, consultative style, & ability to articulate complex ideas into simple terms
- Progressive approach to HR practices
- Experience leading 2+ HR professionals
- Experience supporting technology or digital organizations
- Experience leading or partnering with Org Design/Org Effectiveness, Talent Management, Employee Relations, Recruiting, and Total Rewards
- Bachelor's degree in Business, HR, Behavioral Sciences or related field
- Well-developed industry knowledge, market insight, and proven enterprise thinking
- Demonstrable experience developing partnerships with business leaders, particularly in helping them manage significant organizational change during periods of realignment and growth
Our journey forward.
Paylocity strives to create an organizational culture where every employee has a voice, feels truly welcome, appreciated, and free to be themselves, and is empowered and enabled to do their best work. A strong commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion is critical to creating such a culture.
We've made great strides to support diversity, equity, and inclusion. That being said, we realize there's still room for improvement. Our current focus is on the following initiatives:
• Education & Awareness
• Client Community
• Company Representation
• Advocacy & Support
• Fairness & Equality
• PCTY Gives
Want to learn more, click here to access our DEI flipbook. https://www.flipsnack.com/paylocitycom/diversity-equity-and-inclusion.html
This job description has been written to provide an accurate reflection of the current job and to include the general nature of work performed. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive detailed inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employees assigned to the job. Management reserves the right to revise the job or require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change.
Paylocity is an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, train, compensate, and promote regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected status as required by applicable law. At Paylocity, we believe diversity makes us better.
We embrace and encourage our employees' differences in age, culture, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion or spiritual belief, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, veteran status, and other characteristics that make our employees unique. We actively cultivate these differences through our employee resource groups (ERGs), employee experiences, perspectives, talents, and approaches to drive innovation in the software and services we provide our customers.