Director, HRIS and Analytics at Upwork
Upwork ($UPWK) is the world’s work marketplace. We help connect companies large and small with top independent talent from around the world. Simply put, our mission is to create economic opportunities so people have better lives.
Every year, more than $2 billion of work is done through Upwork by skilled independent professionals who want the freedom of working anytime, anywhere.
As the Director, HRIS and Analytics you’ll play an integral part as a leader on the People Operations team influencing and driving compensation outcomes that will impact Upwork, including proactively identifying and developing HRIS strategies and solutions to address complex business challenges. You will also lead our People Analytics function, identifying new ways to use data, and combining both feedback from employees and stakeholders and the latest industry research to make scalable, data-driven, and equitable HR decisionsYour Responsibilities:
- Responsible for operation, accuracy, and system integrity of all Human Resource Information Systems, including Workday, Greenhouse, and Engagedly
- Lead implementation of Workday Prism Analytics, including expansion of business uses
- Develop people analytics reporting based on Company priorities and strategic initiatives, including implementation of people analytics tool to drive self-service, real-time data reporting
- Strategically enhance and manage people-related reporting, including talent acquisition and diversity, equity, and inclusion reporting
- Partner with the HR People Operations Optimization Manager to optimize HRIS system (Workday) by identifying opportunities to automate or reduce manual processes and leverage Workday tools and functionality
- Deep technical knowledge of HRIS processes, including Workday and suite of products
- Experience building, implementing, and integrating sustainable and scalable HRIS solutions within Workday
- Ability to translate business goals into analytics/data based solutions
- Exceptional organizational, problem-solving, leadership, and project management skills
- Expertise in developing and automating dashboards and key-metrics
- Advanced skills in building and manipulating spreadsheets (Google Sheets and/or MS Excel)
- A passion for data analytics
At Upwork, you’ll shape talent solutions for how the world works today. We are a remote-first organization working together to create exciting remote work opportunities for a global community of professionals. While we have physical offices in San Francisco and Chicago, currently we also support hiring of corporate full-time employees in 15 states in the United States. Please speak with a member of our recruitment team to determine whether you are located in a state in which we are hiring corporate full-time employees.
Our vibrant culture is built on shared values and our mission to create economic opportunities so that people have better lives. We foster amazing teams, put our community first, and have a bias toward action. We encourage everyone to bring their whole selves to work and grow together through development opportunities, mentorship, and employee resource groups. Oh yeah, we’ve also got amazing benefits.
Check out our Life at Upwork page to learn more about the employee experience.
Upwork is proudly committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.