Director, HR Technology (Workday) & Talent Insights at Lightspeed POS (Dallas, TX)
The Director, Talent Systems & Insights is the go-to person responsible for the management of our HR technology (Workday, Greenhouse, ServiceNow, Culture Amp, etc.). The main responsibilities will be to plan and implement system changes, new functionalities and new systems or modules completely along with system enhancements. The Director will be responsible for leading a global team of HR Technology specialists, as well as driving process improvements and change initiatives. Workday modules include: Core HCM, Comp/Adv. Compensation, Talent Management, Absence Management, Payroll (NoAm), Benefits (NoAm), Time Tracking (NoAm).
- Design, lead and implement Lightspeed’s HR Technology digital transformation journey (primarily around Workday and ServiceNow).
- Own, integrate and optimize our complete HR Technology ecosystem.
- Develop and implement Lightspeed’s HR Technology strategic roadmap in collaboration with leadership and key organizational stakeholders.
- Implement new Workday modules and other HR platforms as required to support our end-to-end employee journey.
- Build and improve upon our talent analytics capabilities; including defining and automating the delivery of actionable reporting.
- Improve HR operational efficiencies and employee experience through technology and digital solutions
What you’ll be responsible for
- Manage a global team of HRIS specialists and analysts - leading, mentoring, and coaching members of the team
- Ensure day-to-day systems support is balanced with strategic enhancements and projects
- Provide Workday subject matter functional expertise for day to day support and development including business process configuration, data upload (EIB), integrations, security, data conversion, testing and other troubleshooting support
- Provide subject matter expertise on Workday best practices and partner with clients to understand pain points, prioritize requirements and identify opportunities to improve processes and gain efficiency by leveraging Workday functionality
- Lead functional projects and configuration activities for enhancements, new functionality and bi-annual releases including analysis of impacts
- Define our HR data, reporting and dashboard strategy that in future, will provide predictive insights into workforce trends, using multiple data sources
- Assess, manage, resolve and escalate (if necessary) risks and issues
- Works closely with the internal stakeholders to ensure business needs are met (IT, Finance, Payroll, PMO, etc.)
- Work closely with third party vendors for AMS and testing support
- Review, map and improve the HCM processes in Workday
- Execute the day-to-day activities of advisory engagements including diagnostic, process redesign, system implementation
- Execute system related projects relating to new technologies, key events (e.g. M&A, Reorganizations, etc.) and new policies
- Strive for continuous learning and improvement of HR systems configuration
What you’ll be bringing to the team
- Experience with Workday, and Workday Certifications
- Project Management experience
- Team Management experience
- Advanced knowledge in Excel
- Global experience (NoAm, and/or EMEA, APAC)
- Strong communication skills
- Good knowledge of information technology
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders (Payroll, FP&A, HR, IT, Legal, etc.)
- Ability to educate on and convey complex concepts
- Ability to navigate in uncertainty and fast-paced environments
- Analytical mindset with thorough problem-solving competencies
Even better if you have, but not necessary
- Experience with best-of-breed HR Systems (BambooHR, Greenhouse, CultureAmp, Reflektive, etc.)
- Experience with HR Systems implementations
- PMP Certification
- HRIS certifications
To all recruitment agencies: Lightspeed does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. If we have not directly engaged your company in writing to supply candidates for a specific vacancy, Lightspeed will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Where to from here?
Obviously, this has to be mutually beneficial: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you’re proud to come to every day. For a glimpse into our world check out our career page here.
Lightspeed is building communities through commerce, and we need people from all backgrounds and lived experiences to do that. We were founded in 2005, in Montreal’s gay village and our original members were all part of the LGBTQ+ community. The ethos of our business has been about inclusion from the very beginning, and we strive to provide a workplace where everyone belongs.
Who we are:
Powering the businesses that are the backbone of the global economy, Lightspeed's one-stop commerce platform helps merchants innovate to simplify, scale, and provide exceptional customer experiences. Our cloud commerce solution transforms and unifies online and physical operations, multichannel sales, expansion to new locations, global payments, financial solutions, and connection to supplier networks.