Director, HR Business Partner - R&D at Moveworks (Peninsula)
The People Team at Moveworks is redefining the purpose of Human Resources. The People Team sits at the center of employee experience at Moveworks by providing strategic and proactive direction to the entire employee base, starting with Leadership. Our vision is to reduce friction at work and always add value, so Movesters can do the most meaningful work of their careers.
Moveworks is an AI startup that has doubled its revenue and customer base in each of the last three years, and is currently experiencing hyper growth.
The HR Business Partner Director is a strategic and hands-on role that provides full cycle Human Resources support to our Research and Development functions, including our Chief Technology Officer, VP of Machine Learning, and our VP of Product. This role is core in executing our people initiatives, providing excellent support to employees and managers, coaching leaders, and driving People programs and process improvement. Working closely with Talent Acquisition, Talent Development, Compensation, and People Operations, this role is a leadership partner that is critical to the success of the company. Moveworks commits to its employees to do the best work of their careers, and the HRBP role is central to this commitment, both for yourself and our entire employee base.
This position is an individual contributor reporting to the Moveworks’ Head of People. The ideal candidate will be able and willing to commute into our Mountain View, CA office, everyday. No exceptions. You will also be expected to travel (up to 20% a year) to our other global office locations: San Francisco, Los Angeles, Austin, Toronto, London, New York, and Bangalore. Moveworks is committed to 100% fully vaccinated work spaces, globally.Who We Are:
Moveworks is revolutionizing how companies support their employees — with the first AI platform that makes getting help at work effortless. Using advanced conversational AI built for the enterprise, Moveworks gives employees exactly what they need, from IT support to HR help, to policy information. Our platform allows customers like DocuSign, Broadcom, and Western Digital to move forward on what matters.
Founded in 2016, Moveworks has raised $315 million in funding, at a valuation of $2.1 billion. We’ve been named to the Forbes AI 50 list for three consecutive years, while earning recognition as the Best Chatbot Solution at the 2021 AI Breakthrough Awards. Above all, we’ve built an AI company that puts people first, which is why both Inc. and the San Francisco Business Times called Moveworks one of the Best Workplaces of 2021.
Come join one of the fastest-growing teams on the planet!Who You Are:
- Drive a company culture of passion, trust, accountability and engagement through People programs that support strong business results and employee engagement.
- Work in partnership with senior management to recommend, develop and implement programmatic approaches to address key people resource issues, including employee engagement, performance management, recognition, organizational design and effectiveness, workforce planning, succession planning, and change management.
- Lead key annual programs around operational and headcount planning, focal reviews and talent assessments, through collaboration and partnership with Executive Leadership, Talent Acquisition, Talent Development, Compensation, and People Operations.
- Understand rapidly changing work environments and cultures. Must be confident and able to thrive in ambiguous and high growth environments, and be able to engage and drive value proactively.
- Analyze the “pulse” of the organization to ensure a high level of employee engagement and creative strategies to address focus areas.
- Help maintain a high-performance culture by coaching leadership teams to improve their effectiveness through organizational design and development.
- Advise managers and employees on complex performance issues providing solid guidance on legal and regulatory trends in order to reduce potential business liabilities.
- Solve problems and identify root causes of various complex issues and design quickly implementable solutions across geographies.
- Have a strong work ethic and the ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously and desire to achieve excellence.
- Have passion for innovative people-centric solutions and process improvement.
- 10+ years Human Resource experience as a Business Partner within an R&D function at a technology company.
- Strong understanding of R&D culture at high growth, top tier technology companies.
- Track record of success in creating and driving effective Performance Management, Employee Relations, Career Development, and Recognition programs.
- Deep knowledge of Human Resources practices and demonstrated success in providing solutions to leadership in a complex and fast moving environment.
- Proven ability to influence senior leadership and People initiatives.
- Experience handling multiple projects simultaneously and working in an environment which requires flexibility – includes experience developing/delivering presentations or having discussions across a variety of audiences.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, attention to detail.
- Able to operate at a tactical as well as strategic level.
- A deep desire to learn, contribute, and add value every single day.
- A positive, GTD, solutions-oriented attitude, paired with flawless execution.
- Assertive, yet humble. Ability to overcome resistance and effectively manage change
Even if you do not meet all of the requirements listed here, we still encourage you to apply. Skills can be used in lots of different ways and your life and professional experience may be relevant beyond what a list of requirements or preferred qualifications can capture.
Moveworks is an equal opportunity employer.