Director, Executive Recruiting at Samsara (Remote)
Who we are
Samsara (NYSE: IOT) is the pioneer of the Connected Operations Cloud, which allows businesses that depend on physical operations to harness IoT (Internet of Things) data to develop actionable business insights and improve their operations. Founded in San Francisco in 2015, we now employ more than 1,800 people globally and have over 1.5 million active devices. Samsara also went public in December 2021 and we’re just getting started.
Recent awards we’ve won include:
- #2 in the Financial Times’ Fastest Growing Companies in Americas list 2021
- Named as a Best Place to Work in Built In 2022
- #19 in the Forbes Cloud 100 2021
- IoT Analytics Company of the Year in 2022’s IoT Breakthrough Winners
- Forbes Advisor named us the Best Solution for Large Companies - Fleet management software for 2022!
We're driving change in industries that are yet to fully embrace digital transformation. Physical operations make up a massive slice of the global economy but haven’t benefited from innovation and actionable information in the way that other sectors have. The potential for scale and impact is huge.
About the role:
Our Samsara Recruiting team has helped scale the company to over 1700+ employees. We are looking for a dynamic leader to support our Executive Recruiting org. This individual will be responsible for leading the team with the mission of bringing in the right executive talent at the right time. Specifically, this will include delivering innovative programs for inclusive recruiting, improving our recruiting infrastructure and operations at scale, and making Samsara’s brand become even stronger as we continue to grow. We want someone who is strong at systems thinking, expanding our talent brand and knows how to make us more efficient at scale. Hiring is at the core of what will drive Samsara’s future success.
You will operate as a member of our people leadership team and report to our VP, Recruiting.In this role, you will:
- Hire, develop and lead an inclusive, engaged, and high performing team of Executive Recruiters and Researchers.
- Drive diversity initiatives for the company & execute on hiring goals: Execute on quarterly hiring goals with a focus on acquiring top diverse talent to meet our current and future hiring needs.
- Partner with c-suite on skill gap analysis and partner on long-term talent needs.
- Regularly manage pipeline activity and maintain data integrity, and proactively share data-centric updates with internal stakeholders.
- Build processes to help reduce time to hire for our Director & VP roles.
- Define the tools and processes for Samsara’s long term talent intelligence strategy.
- Manage team KPI achievement and tracking mechanisms.
- Champion, role model, and embed Samsara’s cultural principles (Focus on Customer Success, Build for the Long Term, Adopt a Growth Mindset, Be Inclusive, Win as a Team) as we scale globally and across new offices.
Minimum requirements for the role:
- 10+ years of experience in talent acquisition with experience in private and public companies
- 5+ years of people management experience; demonstrated ability to coach, empower, and develop talent
- 2+ years Experience at an Executive search firm and/or with in-house executive search functions
- Bachelor’s Degree or MBA, or equivalent work experience.
An ideal candidate also has:
- Ability to build credibility with C-level leadership
- Passion for building a diverse team
- Strong analytical and project management skills
- Proven ability to design and communicate clear processes, and a detail-oriented yet flexible approach to problem solving
- Strong point of view on how diversity and inclusion play a key role in a company’s success, track record of leading teams to achieve diversity recruiting goals, and proven success working with internal and external partners
- Strong bias for action and not afraid to “roll up your sleeves”
At Samsara, we welcome everyone regardless of their background, race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, etc. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
Samsara is an inclusive work environment, and we are committed to ensuring equal opportunity in employment for qualified persons with disabilities. Please email [email protected] or click here if you require any reasonable accommodations throughout the recruiting process.
US Only: Please note that Samsara’s COVID-19 vaccination policy requires all team members who will be meeting in person for business or working from one of our offices to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or submit regular testing. People who cannot be vaccinated for qualifying medical conditions, sincerely held religious beliefs, and other legally protected categories, may request an accommodation.
Our target total compensation market position is in the top 25% of all software and hardware companies. Our full time employees receive an above market-rate salary, an outstanding equity offering, employee-led remote and flexible working, health benefits, personal development, Samsara for Good charity fund, and much, much more. Take a look at our Benefits site to learn more.
At Samsara, we have adopted a flexible way of working, enabling teams and individuals to do their best work, regardless of where they’re based. We value in-person collaboration and know a change of scenery and quiet space to work is welcomed from time to time, but also appreciate that the world of work has changed. Our offices remain open for those who prefer to collaborate or work in-office, but we also encourage fully remote applicants.