Care.com is a consumer tech company with heart. We’re on a mission to solve a human challenge we all face: finding great care for the ones we love. We’re moms and dads and pet parents. We have parents and grandparents, so we understand that everyone, at some point in their lives, could use a helping hand. Our culture and our products reflect that.
Here, entrepreneurs, self-starters, team players, and big thinkers unite behind a common cause. Here, we’re applying data analytics, AI, and the latest technologies to solve universal problems and connect people in new ways. If you like having autonomy, if you flourish with collaboration and building new things, and if you’re all about using your talent for good, Care.com is the place for you.
We are seeking a Director, Diversity, Equity & Inclusion, to join our PeopleOps. Team. This individual will be a crucial member of all Care.com DEI’s initiatives. Are you looking to make an impact? Help us to promote Care.com’s diversity initiatives to cultivate a culture of equity, inclusion, and belonging.Key Responsibilities:
- Develop, implement, and drive creative strategies to promote diversity and inclusion methods that align with the company DEI goals.
- Collaborate, mentor, and partner with the organization ERG’s communities and executive sponsors to drive impact into our organization and achieve key objectives and goals.
- Develop DEI communications, talking points, and content to encourage engagement and awareness.
- Partners and advise the senior leadership team to integrate DEI strategies into people and product decisions throughout the organization
- Translates strategies into tactical plans with clear actions, accountability, and goals to promote equitable people practices
- Audits and analyzes Care.com’s practices and policies and their efficiency towards our diversity goals.
- Analyze and synthesize diverse audience research insights, ensuring the diverse employer brand strategy aligns with audience needs.
- Develops evaluation methods to ensure the efficiency of diversity initiatives and prepares reports to senior management on the value of these initiatives. Tracks and analyzes data to evaluate the company’s population and partners with internal collaborators from Talent Acquisition, PeopleOps, and the business to strive to reach DEI goals.
- Collaborate with Talent Acquisition to identify hiring standard methodology to ensure a diverse culture
- Lead and influence process improvement initiatives to meet the needs of the organization and remove obstacles, ensuring a strong pipeline of diverse talent
- Leverages connections through professional organizations, colleges and universities, and social media to aid these efforts.
- Works with outside vendors and partners to provide groundbreaking training materials and presentations to educate employees and managers on DEI-related topics aligned with diversity and retention initiatives.
- Provides policy guidance to management and People Ops to ensure adherence to standard methodologies and legal compliance. Stays abreast of emerging issues, trends, and legislation in the DEI space to provide continuous improvement, relevancy, and compliance recommendations.
- Acts as company liaison with government agencies concerning affirmative action and equal employment opportunities.
- Leads all aspects of the DEI budget and ensures total allocation annually.
- Bachelor’s degree or relevant experience
- 8 + years in Human Resources or related area
- 3+ years of shown experience implementing and driving diversity programs, equal employment opportunities, and affirmative action.
- Experience in managing and coaching leadership professionals and teaming across business units.
- Successfully launched DEI strategies in a fast-growing company.
- Strong research skills
- Experience leading Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion efforts in a fast-growing environment
- Shown success in developing effective internal partnerships to support, influence, and achieve cross-functional results
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including validated facilitation and dispute resolution skills.
- Thorough understanding of federal, state, and local equal employment opportunity laws and regulations.
- Manage and handle multiple projects and time demands with a high level of vitality, integrity, and energy
- Demonstrated effectiveness in leading diverse collaborators, including but not limited to executives, employee resource groups, internal HR partners, and external vendors.
- Analytical solid (data-driven) and problem-solving skills.
- SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP preferred.
**Care.com supports diverse families and communities and seeks employees who are just as diverse. As an equal opportunity employer, Care.com recognizes the power of a diverse workforce and encourages applications from individuals with varied experiences, perspectives, and backgrounds.**
Care.com, an IAC (NASDAQ: IAC) company, was founded in 2006 on the understanding that quality family care is both a fundamental human need and a key driver of economic growth and empowerment. When children receive quality care in their critical formative years, they are on a path to achievement and success. Women disproportionately shoulder caregiving responsibilities, but when they have supports in place that enable them to work, our economy grows. When seniors receive quality care in their homes, healthcare costs decline with fewer hospital stays. When we have a strong caregiving workforce, all these things are possible.