Director, Compensation at Discover
Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you’ll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it — we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.Job Description
What You’ll Do
- Define and direct compensation objectives and programs that align with Discover’s overall strategic initiatives in a large complex organization.
- Guide and direct the team on the design and application of policies ensuring effective and robust support to the business as well as HR partners while maintaining consistency and compliance.
- Interact with all levels of employees for interpretation of compensation programs while sustaining the ability to attract, retain and motivate talented employees.
- Provide strategic oversight to the design and development of global mobility & immigration policies and program to maintain consistency and compliance.
- Facilitate the change management of new compensation programs and guidelines
- Develop education and training to drive changes to compensation strategy and programs
How You’ll Do It
- Define and direct critical strategic implementation of compensation operational objectives to align with Corporate strategic plans ensuring internal and external regulatory compliance for compensation related requirements.
- Direct and design the evaluation, development and implementation of complex compensation Policies and programs that support the short- and long-term business strategy of the organization, enabling it to attract, retain and motivate talented employees.
- Assist executives in defining short and long-term strategic needs for the function by influencing actions and policy making at highest levels. Action strategic needs into business plans with a significant long-term impact.
- Provide ongoing direction and guidance to direct team on the application of policy, design, development and management of initiatives or programs. Ensure team's ability to provide effective and robust analytics and strategic support to HR partners and business.
- Initiate various analysis projects and the design of new or special compensation programs designed to address particular market and business needs.
- Interact with internal customers on compensation needs and interpretation and implementation of corporate compensation policies and programs to sustain employee motivation, retention and on the risks of unintended consequences of inappropriate programs.
- Advise peer HR functions such as Benefits, Recruiting, and Leadership Development to identify or evaluate systemic program needs and to coordinate their successful implementation.
- Manages outside consultants for compensation related initiatives such as development of tailored programs or ongoing program initiatives (e.g., pay equity) adhering to budget.
Qualifications You’ll Need
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Factors, Business, Finance, Accounting, or related field
- 12+ years of experience in Compensation, Human Resources, Financial Services, Banking, Consulting, or related field
- 2+ years of experience in People Management
- In lieu of education, 15+ years of experience in Compensation, Human Resources, Financial Services, Banking, Consulting, or related field including People Management
Bonus Points If You Have
- Master’s Degree in Human Resources, Business, Finance, Accounting, or related field
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.