Director of Compensation at Definitive Healthcare
Definitive Healthcare is a global healthcare technology company that provides leading intelligence on the healthcare provider market.
We are on an incredibly exciting trajectory and have more than doubled in size in the past 2 years, with over 650 employees. We have been consistently honored by multiple surveys as a Best Place to Work in the Boston area. Our motivated and high-energy workforce is collaborative, kind, and engaged, which has led to exceptional retention rates.
Monocl recently joined the Definitive Healthcare enterprise as well in 2020. It empowers life science professionals with the complete global expert solution designed to drive impactful outreach and strategic engagement
This is your chance to be a part of a journey where you can develop a product that will truly affect and transform the life science industry.
Our expansion has created the need for an energetic and motivated Director of Compensation to join our Human Resources Team. If you would like to work at a fast-paced company that is experiencing high growth, keep reading!
- Drive the philosophy, design, implementation, and scaling of our compensation strategy that
- Supports the organization strategic objectives
- Achieves equitable and competitive employee total cash and equity compensation
- Enable us to attract, motivate, and retain an exceptional team
- Is cost effective and achieves our financial goals
- Aligns with the company’s cultural norms
- Ensures compliance with legal and Board governance requirements
- Reports to the Chief Talent Officer, works as a key member of the HR/Talent leadership team.
- Works closely with members of the executive leadership team and Compensation Committee/Board
What you'll do:
- Plan, design, implement and administer our compensation strategy and programs inclusive of salary, corporate bonus, sales incentives, and equity
- Direct annual market surveys. Analyze jobs, salaries, and incentives to ensure equitable pay practices, internal equity, external competitiveness, and legal compliance
- Ensure our internal bands are calibrated regularly to maintain competitiveness with the external market while tracking the effectiveness of our programs
- Conduct internal pay equity studies intermittently, and ensure our pay guidelines are adhered to fairly across the board
- Work with Sales/Commercial Leadership to develop effective sales incentives programs
- Conduct, compile, and present research, analysis and modeling to support the design of competitive and impactful compensation programs
- Work closely with the CEO, Chief Talent Officer, and Compensation Committee Chairperson on executive compensation, including preparation for and participation in board-level discussions
- Work with the independent consultant for the Compensation Committee, along with the CTO, to drive annual recommendations for Executive Compensation, outside Director Compensation, and other analysis requested by the Committee
- Advise on marketplace trends and relevant laws to support current programs and future areas of investment. Identify best practices and benchmarks and develop recommendations to align with the organizational culture, priorities, business model and HR/Talent goals
- Ensure all compensation programs are effectively managed and compliant with external regulations and plan governance
- Develop and maintain effective communication strategies to drive employee and manager awareness and understanding of all compensation programs and decision support tools
- Advise on ad hoc compensation questions and issues from recruiters, HR Business partners, managers, executives, and board
- Work with key stakeholders across the company on M&A activity, including due diligence, assessment, compensation design, and integration
What you'll need:
- 15+ years of experience in HR/people operations leading compensation and benefits initiatives in a public company, preferably within high tech or SaaS organization
- 2+ years of people management experience
- Proven leadership in driving highly competitive and financially sound strategy and plan design for compensation, incentives, and equity. Sales compensation design is strongly preferred.
- History of successful interaction with all levels of stakeholders, including the Compensation Committee/Board of Directors, CEO, CFO and other senior executives
- Proven ability to think strategically and to translate strategic directives into tactical initiatives
- Demonstrated ability to influence, build trust and develop effective collaboration
- Demonstrated ability to drive projects and programs to successful completion, including building productive, cross-functional relationships and aligned objectives
- Knowledge of current federal, state, and global labor and benefits laws and regulations
- Demonstrated understanding of the complexity of compensation strategy at a global level, working with the nuances of specific local cultures to make informed decisions
- Expert hands-on knowledge in compensation with the ability to drive and administer major compensation initiatives
- Track record of leveraging new HR technology
Why we love Definitive, and why you will too!
- Industry leading products
- Work hard, and have fun doing it
- Incredibly fast growth means limitless opportunity
- Flexible and dynamic culture
- Work alongside some of the most talented and dedicated teammates
- Definitive Cares, our community service group, gives all of us a chance to give back
- Competitive benefits package including great healthcare benefits and a 401(k) match
What our Employees are saying about us on Glassdoor:
“Great Work atmosphere, great work life balance, excellent company to work for, amazing top notch product, incredible customer service, lots of tools to help you succeed.”
-Business Development Manager
“Great team. Amazing growth. Employees are treated very well.”
“I have waited 36 years to work at a dream job for a dream company and I am so happy to have finally got there.”
If you don’t fit all of these qualifications, but believe you’re still a great fit, feel free to apply and tell us why in your cover letter.
Definitive Hiring Philosophy
Definitive Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive workplace with equal opportunity for all applicants and teammates. Our goal is to recruit the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other status. If you’re interested in working in a fast growing, exciting working environment – we encourage you to apply!
Your privacy is important to us. Please review our Candidate Privacy Notice which tells you how we use and process your personal information