Director of Compensation & Benefits at FIGS
At FIGS, our people are critical to our success every day. We are looking for a highly analytical and creative Director of Compensation and Benefits to drive the FIGS’ compensation and benefits strategy and bring standout programs to our awesome team members.
What You’ll Do:
- Lead our rewards strategies to be highly competitive, attracting exceptional talent and engaging our incredible FIGS team members.
- Design and manage compensation programs that support our business needs, including base salary, short-term incentives, and long-term incentives.
- Serve as a true subject matter expert for compensation and benefits best practices and market competitiveness. Evaluate competitive practices and positioning relative to the market and make recommendations to support talent strategy.
- Manage compensation cycles, including annual base salary, promotion, bonus, and equity review cycles.
- Collaborate with members of the People team to identify pay-for-performance links, develop competitive offers and build leader compensation understanding through training and communications for compensation cycles.
- Ensure employees understand our compensation and benefits programs and how those programs reflect the FIGS culture.
- Partner with Chief People Officer (CPO) on aspects of executive compensation management.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant regulations, including but not limited to pay equity and FLSA.
- Research, analyze, and recommend benefits programs that support our diverse employee population. Oversee the design and implementation of benefits open enrollment annually.
- Develop and implement competitive wellness programs to assist with benefit-cost containment.
- Manage working relationships with benefit plan providers and vendors to drive quality delivery.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Mathematics, or Business.
- Professional training and certification in Compensation and/or Benefits.
- CCP certification preferred
- Ten years of progressively responsible experience in Compensation and Benefits to include analysis, plan design, and program administration.
- Public company experience is highly preferred
- Outstanding analytical abilities with advanced proficiency in Excel.
- Ability to effectively facilitate, make effective presentations, and coach with strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to establish strong relationships at all levels throughout the organization and cross-functionally.
- Familiarity with Greenhouse and ADP preferred.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and egoless nature – Positive and flexible work style
- Proven work ethic and integrity.
- Able to work independently.
- Desire to excel and grow with FIGS.
A little bit about us…
The medical apparel industry is antiquated, highly fragmented and, until FIGS, was driven solely by low-cost providers offering a limited selection of poor quality products sold through third party distributors. FIGS is revolutionizing the medical apparel industry by creating the highest quality medical apparel in the world and by selling directly to medical professionals through our branded ecommerce site.
FIGS’ foundation is built on product quality, and we have a relentless focus on three key areas: fabric, fit and function. We developed our proprietary, performance-oriented fabric technology to meet the demands of the medical profession. FIGS’ Technical Collection fabric is wrinkle resistant, moisture-wicking, lightweight, breathable and offers four-way stretch. Our designs are tailored, sophisticated and innovative, incorporating features such as yoga waistbands, smart storage (pockets, zippers, hidden pockets) and inspirational sayings inside each garment that appeal to modern healthcare professionals.
By offering a branded and customer-centric online shopping experience, we are changing how medical professionals buy their workwear. Through our website, social media, and participation in medical conferences and events, we have built a strong following within the medical community and a meaningful connection with our customers, which allows us to understand their needs and to ensure that FIGS is continuously improving and innovating.
FIGS’ Threads for Threads initiative is central to our mission. FIGS has donated hundreds of thousands of scrubs to healthcare providers in need around the world.