Counsel and Director of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion at DNC (Washington DC)
| Washington DC
Sorry, this job was removed at 5:00 p.m. (CST) on Wednesday, August 3, 2022
Counsel and Director of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion provides vision, management, and planning for DNC diversity, equity, and inclusion initiatives throughout the Committee, both internally and externally. Counsel and Director of DEI serves as the primary liaison for the DNC on key diversity-related and contractual matters and must work well across all departments, be highly organized, detail-oriented, highly motivated, and have a proven track record of multi-tasking with ease.
- Oversee implementation of diversity, equity, and inclusion programs through deep cross-departmental collaboration across the organization to include contracting, recruitment, training, and retention for both employees and outside contractors/vendors;
- Expedite, review and negotiate contracts in conjunction with outside counsel;
- Responsible for the day to day implementation of policies and programs, covering areas such as contracting, training, recruitment and retention;
- Represent the DNC in external DEI speaking engagements and/or trainings;
- Oversee sourcing and hiring procedures to ensure DNC attracts and selects high-potential and diverse candidates, including cultivation of and outreach to diverse pipelines;
- Identify, encourage, and conduct outreach to diverse vendors concerning contracting opportunities in line with the DNC’s commitment to diversity;
- Establish and maintain key external DEI relationships;
- Facilitate employee training and coaching opportunities (e.g. individual, team, skill-based and management training, mentorship) in conjunction with internal stakeholders;
- Develop metrics to ensure accountability, tracking, and monitoring of diversity and inclusion initiatives, and prepare and present reports to DNC Leadership;
- Spearhead successful diversity vendor symposium and resulting diverse vendor directory;
- Provide support to external DNC stakeholders, such as State Parties and progressive partners on diversity initiatives;
- Work closely with the Director of People and Culture to ensure equitable policies and procedures, foster morale and staff retention;
- Facilitate DNC DEI steering committee and its working groups;
- Respond to and lead DEI initiatives as necessary;
- Engage in labor-management relations initiatives as appropriate;
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications:
- A Juris Doctorate degree is required;
- A DEI Certificate certificate or other training is preferred;
- Five to seven or more years (combined) of diversity and inclusion experience, corporate law, campaign operations, and/or political office management;
- Knowledge and understanding of compliance, diversity and inclusion principles;
- Must have high level of emotional intelligence and be well versed in cultural sensitivity and intercultural competencies;
- Understanding and execution of strict confidentiality, and;
- Strong communications skills across a variety of mediums and strong interpersonal skills.
To apply: Please submit a resume and cover letter. The cover letter should 1) showcase your interest in this position and vision for this position; 2) share your unique skill sets and qualifications; and 3) highlight the requirements listed above.
The DNC offers a generous benefit package, including:
- More than 30 days of paid time off, including Federal holidays, vacation, and personal days;
- Health and dental insurance for employee and dependents;
- 90% paid by the DNC, 10% paid by employee;
- Supplementary vision plans available to employees for purchase;
- Up to a 4% employer match DNC 401(k) plan;
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) available to DNC employees and their dependents at no cost to staff;
- Pre-tax Flexible spending account benefits available to employee and dependents.
The DNC is committed to supporting employees of varying abilities and to providing reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to succeed at the DNC. The requirements of this role, related to its physical demands, described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
All DNC employees must be able to operate a computer and use a cell phone. For roles at the DNC that include frequent business travel expectations, we can discuss reasonable alternatives to travel in some instances. Most roles also require communicating with key external stakeholders of the organization in person, via the telephone, or via email. We welcome applicants with questions about accommodations to request to speak with our Human Resources Department. When an applicant with a disability requires an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to compete for this position, they may request it in writing by emailing our Human Resources Department.
Essential functions of the role include:
- Working from a computer for long periods of time; and,
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee may also frequently be required to communicate using the telephone, email, and in person with stakeholders.
The DNC requires all employees to be "up to date" on COVID-19 vaccination status as prescribed by the CDC as a condition of employment, unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law. If you seek a reasonable accommodation in relation to the DNC’s COVID-19 policy, you should speak to the HR team prior to reporting to an office location.
The Democratic National Committee (DNC), is committed to diversity among its staff, and recognizes that its continued success requires the highest commitment to obtaining and retaining a diverse staff that provides the best quality services to supporters and constituents. The DNC is an equal opportunity employer and it is our policy to recruit, hire, train, promote and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to sex, race, age, color, creed, national origin, religion, economic status, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity or expression, ethnic identity or disability, or any other legally protected basis. The DNC is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities in the hiring process and on the job, as required by applicable law. The DNC will not tolerate any unlawful discrimination and any such conduct is strictly prohibited.
More Information on DNC
DNC operates in the Other industry. The company is located in Washington, WA. DNC was founded in 1848. It has 556 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Dental Benefits, Paid Holidays, Paid Sick Days, Diversity Program. To see all 6 open jobs at DNC, click here.
Read Full Job Description