Tala is a global technology company building the world’s most accessible financial services. With more than $350 million raised from visionary investors, we are serving millions of customers around the world who have been overlooked by traditional financial institutions – and our plan is to serve millions more, and have been named by the Fortune Impact 20 list, CNBC’s Disruptor 50, and Forbes’ Fintech 50 list for four years running. We are expanding across product offerings, countries and crypto and are looking for people who have an entrepreneurial spirit and are passionate about the mission.
By creating a unique platform that enables lending and other financial services around the globe, people in emerging markets are able to start and expand small businesses, manage day-to-day needs, and pursue their financial goals with confidence. Currently, more than 6 million people across Kenya, the Philippines, Mexico, and India have used Tala products. Due to our global team, we have a remote-first approach, and also have offices in Santa Monica, CA (HQ); Nairobi, Kenya; Mexico City, Mexico; Manila, the Philippines; and Bangalore, India.
Most Talazens join us because they connect with our mission of enabling financial agency for underbanked people around the world. If you are energized by the impact you can make at Tala, we’d love to hear from you!
We're a lean team looking for a Technical Sourcer or Technical Recruiter - Technology and Product. The ideal candidate is highly collaborative, results-oriented, has a bias towards action, exceptionally imaginative, adaptable, and truly excited about Tala’s mission! You will help shape our organization by sharing our company's story, vision, and culture both internally and externally. In this role, you will work directly with multiple hiring teams and locations to support our growth and ensure we hire the best in class! You will have the opportunity to shape and elevate the future of Tala by bringing in the most talented people possible. You will be able to develop your skills and play with new ideas as we deliver on our promise to the business - the right people, in the right role, at the right time.
What you'll do:
- Be responsible for full-cycle sourcing for a variety of roles, focusing on niche technical, product, and g&a.
- Be a thought partner by conducting training, coaching interviewers on best sourcing practices and making sure we’re delivering a consistently exceptional candidate experience.
- Provide all candidates with an amazing experience by being open, honest, and friendly throughout the process.
- Strategize different ways to enhance our employer brand by building diverse talent pipelines, attending events, generating referrals, and managing community outreach activities.
- Interact with potential candidates on social media and professional networks (e.g. LinkedIn, Slack and Github)
- Partner with TA team and hiring managers to determine position requirements
- Identify qualified candidate profiles using various sourcing techniques (e.g. Boolean search)
- Minimum 3+ years of recruiting/ passive candidate sourcing experience
- Experience in a high-growth, high-tech startup environment hiring for Product and Technology roles.
- Experience with a web-based ATS systems, Lever preferred
- Experience with progressive sourcing techniques including direct sourcing and internet data mining and recruiting techniques such search engines, Boolean search strings, LinkedIn and other online networking communities
- Great attention to detail and focus on data integrity, documentation and visibility to hiring managers
- Skilled at partnering with hiring teams to build effective sourcing, assessment, and closing approaches
- Proven success sourcing for hard-to-fill roles
- High level of self-motivation and ability to produce results independently, and under demanding deadlines
- Organized, able to work in fast-paced environment and handle multiple tasks as well as adapt to business priorities that change quickly
- Staffing/agency experience is strongly preferred
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
Our vision is to build a new financial ecosystem where everyone can participate on equal footing and access the tools they need to be financially healthy. We strongly believe that inclusion fosters innovation and we’re proud to have a diverse global team that represents a multitude of backgrounds, cultures, and experience. We hire talented people regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.