Contract Corporate Recruiter at sweetgreen (Los Angeles, CA)
Our mission as a People Team is to obsess over the employee experience to enable sweetgreen employees to do the best work of their lives. Our Talent Acquisition team partners closely with hiring teams to attract, evaluate, and close top talent passionate about connecting people to real food.
At sweetgreen, a Sr. Recruiter is a self-sufficient sourcing, screening, submitting, and closing powerhouse with a passion for continuous improvement. All of this is done in partnership with Talent Acquisition and their client group. They design and execute sourcing strategies and advise hiring teams on hiring decisions. Candidate experience is imperative as a career advisor to top talent. Finally, they keep a clean ATS enabling clean reporting.
Role Portfolio: Supply Chain and Sustainability, People, Operations, Finance, Brand, and Digital + Growth
Top Goal - Within 30 days establish healthy pipelines for all assigned roles. This needs to be done in a sequence of logical steps while addressing these major challenges: developing organizational maturity, fast-growth scale-up, and industry pioneering work.
These are the performance objectives we expect from a Sr. Recruiter within the first month:
- Meet the People and Build the Relationships: You will have conducted introductory meetings with your hiring manager clients, Head of Treehouse, People, and Treehouse People Business Partner. You’ll want to understand what’s important to each team member and how to work with them in your new role.
- Learn the Skillsets and Quality Bar: During your initial meetings and in follow-ups, meet with each hiring manager with an open role within your portfolio to conduct an intake meeting, capturing the performance objectives for the role, confirming the selection process, and aligning on sourcing strategy.
- How will you find them?: Define and execute your sourcing strategies to build high-quality candidate pipelines across the open roles while tracking prospects for future needs. In partnership with the Sr. Manager of Talent Acquisition, you’ll design, commit to, and meet weekly throughput metrics so that you can reach and maintain a rate of 8 team loops per week.
- How will you close them?: Though you may close your first candidate within 14 days depending on the circumstances, by day 45 you will have finalized your negotiation and close approach that maximizes the non-monetary increase for candidates (greater scope, impact, and career growth) and modest increases in compensation. You’ll work with the Hiring Manager and Sr. Manager of Talent Acquisition to formulate offers within our pay bands.
In order to be successful in this role, you will need to have a multi-year track record of success in self-sufficiently taking corporate roles for a premium brand full cycle from intake to close, across multiple roles simultaneously. You’ll want experience defining Employee Value Propositions, Industry Mapping, and Talent Mapping. Finally, a mix of in-house and agency recruiting is ideal so you can bring the horsepower from the external search world and organizational lens from the in-house world.
What you'll get:
- Three different medical plans to suit your and your family's needs
- Dental and Vision insurance
- Flexible PTO plan
- 401k program
- Paid family leave; we believe in fully supporting new parents
- Employee HSA and FSA
- Complimentary greens
- An opportunity to make a real impact on the people around you, both by growing them and by connecting them to real food
- To live the sweetlife and celebrate your passion + purpose
- A collaborative team of people who live our core values and have your back
- A clear career path with opportunities for development, both personally and professionally
- Free sweetgreen swag
Come join the sweetlife!
sweetgreen is on a mission to build healthier communities by connecting people to real food. We passionately believe that real food should be convenient and accessible to everyone. Every day in each sweetgreen, our 3,500 team members make food from scratch, using fresh ingredients and produce delivered that morning. And in our local communities, we’re committed to leaving people better than we found them. We’re in the business of feeding people, and we’re out to change what that means.
sweetgreen provides equal opportunities for everyone that works for us and everyone that applies to join our team, without regard to sex or gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, any service, past, present, or future, in the uniformed services of the United States (military or veteran status), or any other consideration protected by federal, state, or local law.
sweetgreen participates in the federal government's E-Verify program to determine employment eligibility. To learn more about the E-Verify program, please click here.
All candidates for roles in markets where either sweetgreen or the local jurisdiction mandates full vaccination against COVID-19 to work in our restaurants must as a condition of employment provide proof of full vaccination with an FDA authorized and/or approved COVID-19 upon hire, subject to a reasonable accommodation being granted. For roles in all other markets, full vaccination against COVID-19 is preferred.