Consultant, Total Rewards North & Central America at Ball Aerospace
Ball Corporation manufactures aluminum packaging for beverage, personal care and household products, and provides aerospace and other technologies for commercial and government customers. We have been in business for over 140 years and is leading the charge in creating solutions that keep our planet healthy. Ball Corp has been nationally recognized as a leading company in the creation of sustainable products (Fast Company World Changing Ideas award) as well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity (Forbes Magazine.) Join our team of over 18,000 people worldwide in our quest to make the world a cleaner and healthier place. BE BIGGER THAN YOURSELF. BE UNSTOPPABLE. BE AN INSPIRATION. JOIN US IN MAKING THE WORLD A BETTER PLACE.
Primary Purpose of the Position:
This position is responsible for serving as the internal consultant to the business and considered the “face” of the Total Rewards COE and compensation subject matter expert to the business. In addition, this role will provide insights to the Total Rewards COE areas on total rewards programs to inform and champion program design that reflects Ball’s values, employee preferences and market realities.
Essential Responsible Areas:
- Serves as a trusted advisor and day-to-day point of contact for Strategic HR for all Total Rewards related items.
- Builds the necessary business relationships to facilitate conversations between the Total Rewards COE and the business.
- Provides HR with the strategy, design, process and tools/templates to execute Total Rewards initiatives within their respective region.
- Partners with HR and other Total Reward COE areas to develop communication strategies for the effective communication of Total Rewards programs.
- Collaborates with business leaders to understand the business/functional strategy and Total Rewards impacts and opportunities, and leverages the frameworks and governance set by the Total Rewards COE areas to advise Strategic HR on total rewards decisions to ensure alignment with policy and business objectives. Provides proactive consultation and identification of gaps/opportunities to ensure Total Rewards programs optimize the organization’s ability to attract and retain top talent.
- Contributes to the development of the various Total Reward COE areas strategic plans, policies and guidelines to ensure programs effectively address business needs and participates in M&A activity as needed.
- COMPENSATION & PERQUISITES
- Partners with the Leader of Global Compensation in the development of compensation programs, including base, short-term incentives, long-term incentives, recognition and other perquisites programs.
- Provides education on EVAIC, global grading, annual compensation review and other compensation-related items/programs.
- Develops the merit budget recommendations in partnership with Strategic HR for divisional review/approval.
- Provides guidance and oversight to HR for the Director level & below annual compensation review process.
- Conducts analysis to ensure appropriate base pay and short-term incentive level for Director level & below as needed.
- Provides oversight to Total Rewards Operations for global grading and development of global grading salary structures.
- Partners with the Leader of Global Benefits in the development of benefits programs.
- Evaluates current benefit programs through research/surveys and analyze trends to ensure programs are competitive to market and aligned with mandatory requirements.
- Partners with Total Rewards Operations, HR and the businesses to execute program deployment; this also includes accountability for annual renewals for all third party vendors, clearly articulating performance expectations for such vendors and consistently holding each accountable for their results.
- With support from the Leader of Global Benefits and Total Rewards Operations, ensures compliance with country legislation and employment laws, including the processing and proper maintenance of any legally required documents as necessary for internal, independent, and/or legally required audits.
- Participates in labor strategy and may participate in labor negotiations depending on business need.
- Partners with Global Mobility Consultant to ensure global mobility programs align with business strategic objectives and needs.
- Provides input to Global Mobility Consultant on appropriate mobility/compensation approach and package as needed.
- Serves as an escalation point for HR, when needed, to ensure delivery of global mobility process is timely and efficient.
Position Requirement & Competencies:
- Broad training in a related field usually acquired through college degree level education or work-related experience in human resources management, finance, business, or related field preferred.
- At least 5-7 years of progressive experience in total rewards with focus on consulting, developing, recommending, implementing, communicating, and evaluating compensation and benefits policies and programs.
- Demonstrated consultative and collaborative skills to partner and consult with all levels of management and provide guidance.
- Manufacturing Industry perferred.
- Excellent analytical and interpersonal skills to prepare various analyses, communicate effectively, present recommendations and interact at all levels of diverse group of businesses and functions.
- Strong influencing, negotiation and communication skills with the ability to present ideas at the senior level and gain executive buy-in and alignment around key priorities.
- Creative thinker who can provide thought leadership, think analytically and solve complex issues and challenges.
- Ability to gauge effectiveness of the organization's compensation and benefits programs and translate data into solutions to continually improve programs and practices.
- Advanced level knowledge of trends and developments in compensation and/or benefits, including relevant legal issues.
- This role requires in-depth knowledge and experience consulting on Total Rewards-related topics and applying new perspectives and approaches to drive a premium employee experience and solve complex challenges.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Hiring Salary Range: $ 98,500 - 150,500 (Salary to be determined by the applicant’s education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity and alignment with market data.)
- Job Grade: 13
- Other Compensation: This role will be eligible to participate in the annual incentive compensation plan.
- Regular Full-Time Salaried and Hourly positions: Ball includes a comprehensive benefits structure, Go to our career site and click "Total Rewards" to learn more.
Ball Corporation has been made aware of reports involving fraudulent job offers. These often appear legitimate, but Ball does not make job offers until after a candidate has submitted a job application and has participated in a face-to-face interview (In person or via WebEx). All email correspondence from Ball Corporation ends in “@ball.com.” Please also be advised that Ball will never request payment or require candidates to deposit a check during the recruitment and onboarding processes. If you have questions about any open positions at Ball, please visit our careers website at https://jobs.ball.com/.
If you have applied to a position and have been asked for personal information through LinkedIn, please notify LinkedIn directly.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans