Coinbase has built the world's leading compliant cryptocurrency platform serving over 68 million accounts in more than 100 countries. With multiple successful products, and our vocal advocacy for blockchain technology, we have played a major part in mainstream awareness and adoption of cryptocurrency. We are proud to offer an entire suite of products that are helping build the cryptoeconomy and increase economic freedom around the world.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, disrupt ourselves, and expect sustained high performance because we play as a championship team. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people with the desire and capacity to build and share expertise in the frontier technologies of crypto and blockchain, in whatever way is most relevant to their role.
Coinbase is looking for a Comp Systems and Tooling Manager to drive the internal and external tooling to support our Compensation Programs.
This role will be the key owner in the development of our Compensation Systems and Tooling strategic roadmap, identifying key aspects of our program that can be systematized, automated, and potentially shared throughout various parts of our organization. Additionally, this person will be the day-to-day driver of implementation management and operations of our systems and tools.
This person will think of new, innovative ways to enhance our employees’ (and candidates’) understanding of their Compensation - they will bring our programs to life!
The right candidate thrives in a fast-paced, high growth culture that values strategic communication, teamwork and results. You are self-motivated and detail oriented with a very solid orientation to data analytics and project management. The keys to success in this role will be both operational excellence, as well as a deep curiosity to understand what drives value in our business, and apply those learnings to operate and enhance our Compensation programs as needed.
This position reports to the Senior Manager of Compensation. If you are excited about working across our HR team to deliver on fast-paced and high impact integration projects, we’d love to talk to you!
- Develop the strategic roadmap for all Compensation Systems and Tooling in partnership with our HR Technology Team
- Collaborate with internal and external parties to drive the systems implementation for our Comp programs (i.e., organization-wide Compensation Planning), including requirements documentation, systems design, test documentation/execution, issue identification, and resolution.
- Work closely with our Compensation Business Partners and HR Business Partners to identify key tooling needed to support the business’ strategy and talent management goals (i.e., Compensation visibility)
- Work closely with our Talent Team to identify tooling needed to support the rapidly scaling recruiting team to ensure offers have accurate compensation
- Work closely with our Compensation Programs owners to improve the efficiency and increase automation of processes, as well as co-create system solutions for net new programs
- Design and build compensation metrics, reports, and tools to inform compensation program decisions
- 5+ years of experience in compensation in a professional, fast-paced environment
- Experience building compensation systems and scaling systems with company growth
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and within a team
- Strong analytical skills
Position ID: P223402
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view Pay Transparency, Employee Rights and Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law notices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] coinbase.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here). Please contact [email protected] coinbase.com for additional information or to request accommodations.Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here: Ireland/EU, United Kingdom, and California. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.