Founded in 2014, Opendoor’s mission is to empower everyone with the freedom to move. We believe the traditional real estate process is broken and our goal is simple: build a digital, end-to-end customer experience that makes buying and selling a home simple, certain and fast. We have assembled a dedicated team with diverse backgrounds to support more than 100,000 homes bought and sold with us and the customers who have selected Opendoor as a trusted partner in handling one of their largest financial transactions. But the work is far from over as we continue to grow in new markets. Transforming the real estate industry takes tenacity and dedication. It takes problem solvers and builders. It takes a tight knit community of teammates doing the best work of their lives, pushing one another to transform a complicated process into a simple one. So where do you fit in? Whether you’re passionate about real estate, people, numbers, words, code, or strategy -- we have a place for you. Real estate is broken. Come help us fix it.
About the role:
Opendoor is looking for a Compensation Manager to support our rapidly growing population. Reporting the Sr. Manager, Compensation, you will be an integral part of a small team helping to drive Opendoor’s overarching compensation philosophy. You will partner with HR Business Partners and business leaders on compensation related matters, provide thoughtful data-driven analysis and help to ensure our semi-annual compensation processes run smoothly. The right candidate is comfortable with data and thrives in a fast-paced, high growth culture that values strategic communication, teamwork and results. They will be self-motivated and detail oriented with a strong orientation to data analytics and project management.
In this role, you will:
- Research best practices and trends and perform deep analysis on effectiveness and competitiveness of existing compensation solutions and present to management findings and alternative solutions that are cost effective and consistent with market data and Opendoor’s Total Rewards philosophy.
- Develop and administer various compensation programs including annual salary planning process, promotion and equity cycles.
- Collect and analyze market data and maintain salary survey data; manage all benchmarking activity.
- Maintain and update position descriptions, leveling guidelines and career paths; determine competitive pay position; develop recommendations for annual structure and budget adjustments to maintain internal and external equity in pay plans.
- Effectively partner with HR and the Business Leaders to manage, consult and resolve compensation issues through the use of creative and strategic guidance particularly for new positions, transfers and promotions.
- Assist in preparing analysis and materials for Compensation Committee/executive management review meetings and other leadership presentations.
- Support audits related to compensation controls.
- Develop and deliver compensation tools and reports to support the business. Maintain compensation infrastructure within Workday HRIS.
We're looking for teammate who have:
- A minimum of 5 years of progressive experience in compensation, finance or consulting with an in-depth knowledge of core compensation terminology and best practices.
- College degree in Business, Finance or an emphasis on Human Resources preferred.
- Advanced proficiency in Excel or Google Sheets.
- Strong project management experience.
- Experience with overseeing system configuration and management of compensation tools.
- Experience with designing and administering compensation and incentive plans.
- Comfortable preparing Comp Committee materials and presenting to the executive team and other business leaders.
- Experience developing and rolling out scalable processes.
- The ability to be extremely detail oriented, while also aligning with the big picture.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills, and a track record for executing and auditing work.
- The ability to gain alignment and represent a common point of view across multiple stakeholders.
- Knowledge of current compensation and total rewards trends; creative thinker who can apply experience but also think outside of the box.
- Excellent attention to detail, confidentiality, time management, interpersonal, communication, presentation, organization, decision-making, and planning skills.
- Experience with FLSA classification.
- Experience with sales incentive compensation, executive compensation or equity compensation
- Experience in the tech industry
More About Us:
Want to learn more about us and how we are revolutionizing the home buying and selling process? Learn more about us on our website, check out our profile on The Muse to learn more about our culture from our team members, or read our blog posts to hear about the work we are doing.
We Offer the Following Benefits and Perks:
- Full medical, dental, and vision with optional 85% coverage for dependents
- Flexible vacation policy
- Generous parental leave
- Paid time off to volunteer
Please note that these benefits and perks are available only to Full Time team members and do not apply to contract roles.
Opendoor Values Openness:
Read Full Job Description