We’re Coinbase. We’re the world’s most trusted way to join the crypto revolution, serving more than 73 million accounts in more than 100 countries.
Our mission is to increase economic freedom around the world, and we couldn’t do this without hiring the best people. We’re a group of hard-working overachievers who are deeply focused on building the future of finance and Web 3.0 for our users across the globe, whether they’re trading, storing, staking or using crypto. Know those people who always lead the group project? That’s us.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for candidates who will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, and disrupt ourselves. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people who are excited to learn about and live crypto, because those are the folks who enjoy the intense moments in our sprint and recharge work culture. We’re a remote-first company looking to hire the absolute best talent all over the world.
Ready to #LiveCrypto? Who you are:
- You’ve got good vibes. You’re optimistic about the future and determined to get there.
- You’re never tired of learning. You want to be a pro in bleeding edge tech like DeFi, NFTs, DAOs, and Web 3.0.
- You appreciate direct communication. You’re both an active communicator and an eager listener - because let’s face it, you can’t have one without the other. You’re cool with candid feedback and see every setback as an opportunity to grow.
- You can pivot on the fly. Crypto is constantly evolving, so our priorities do, too. What you worked on last month may not be what you work on today, and that excites you. You’re not looking for a boring job.
- You have a “can do” attitude. Our teams create high-quality work on quick timelines. Owning a problem doesn’t scare you, but rather empowers you to take 100% responsibility for achieving our mission.
- You want to be part of a winning team. We’re stronger together, and you’re a person who embraces being pushed out of your comfort zone.
Coinbase is searching for a Compensation Business Partner to support and act as the face of our Compensation team to our rapidly growing Core (G&A) teams. They will work with HR and Core Leaders across the entire employee lifecycle to ensure we are providing competitive and equitable compensation, consistent with our overall compensation philosophy to attract and retain top talent. They will implement and administer our compensation program for our Core functions, and consult and lead on various Core compensation initiatives.
The right candidate thrives in a fast-paced, high growth culture that values strategic communication, teamwork and results. You are self-motivated and detail oriented with a very solid orientation to data analytics and project management. The key to success in this role will be a deep curiosity to understand what drives value in our business, and apply those learnings to operate and enhance our Compensation programs as needed.
This position reports to the Senior Manager of Compensation. If you are excited about working across our HR team to deliver innovative compensation programs, we’d love to talk to you!
- Consulting with and influencing with HR Business Partners, Recruiting, and Managers + Leadership to help drive compensation decisions and strategy critical for our Core (G&A) functions
- Developing and presenting training materials related to our compensation programs, philosophy and strategy (along with other internal HR stakeholders) to ensure all employees have an appropriate understanding of our compensation program and their role in it
- Partnering closely to maintain a tight feedback cycle with our HRBP and Talent partners
- Using external data and a strong understanding of our business, maintain a competitive and current job catalog for all of our Core teams
- Providing regular updates on industry trends and best practices to help ensure our overall Compensation strategy is highly competitive
- Partner with compensation colleagues to support the compensation team’s internal data gathering, modeling, analytics, reporting, and insights, using benchmarking surveys to make sure our compensation approach is market-leading, scalable, and internally aligned
- Identify when our standard program is not meeting the needs of the business and proactively suggest improvements
- 7+ years of Compensation experience supporting large client groups (~5,000), with expert-level understanding of compensation survey data and providers, and industry best practices.
- Fluent understanding of G&A functions, and specific experience providing compensation support in a fast-paced technology environment
- Experience with incentive and sales commission plans
- Experience creating and supporting global compensation programs and client groups
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to balancing upholding our Compensation philosophy and principles while problem solving for best business outcomes
- Excellent and effective story-telling skills, and ability to synthesize data and build compelling and crisp slide presentations and effectively communicate complex insights to non-technical audiences, including senior executive leadership
- Proven sense of autonomy to own relationships and drive work independently
- Strong curiosity to understand Coinbase’s business and culture, and apply to your day-to-day recommendations
- Familiarity with the tech and/or financial services industry in a private or public company setting
- Very detail oriented and customer service focused
Position ID: P223402
Notice for Colorado applicants as required by sb19-085 (8-5-20). Target annual salary for this role performed in Colorado is $161,500+ target bonus + target equity + benefits (including medical, dental, vision and 401(k)).
*The exact compensation at which this job is filled will be determined by the skills and experience of qualified candidates.
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view Pay Transparency, Employee Rights and Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law notices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to accommodations[at]coinbase.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here).Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.