About the Job
As a Candidate Engagement Manager, you will use your passion for marketing to creatively tell stories that engage potential talent for Sovrn. We are looking for a resourceful and enthusiastic individual with deep knowledge of recruitment practices and a willingness to bring innovative ideas to help us drive top talent to our company with modern and innovative recruitment marketing activities.
In this role, you will build strong relationships within talent acquisition, people services, marketing, and the brand team. In partnership with talent acquisition leadership, you will make data-driven strategic employment marketing decisions and effectively communicate campaign recommendations and results to key business stakeholders to drive change and support our hiring goals. You will also execute the targeted marketing strategies and deliver superior service and support to various employment branding, marketing, and outreach activities.
What you’ll be doing:
- Develop, launch, and measure recruitment strategies that raise brand awareness and generate robust pipelines of qualified candidates; strong ability to advise on strategy, implementation, reporting, and optimization
- Undertake and implement employer branding and recruitment advertising initiatives from concept to completion in a timely manner in close collaboration with our internal marketing team and vendor partners including setting up paid marketing campaigns to advertise high-priority roles through various online media channels (LinkedIn, Instagram, Facebook, etc.)
- Plan and execute local hiring events (virtual and in-person), leveraging multimedia channels and tools to drive applicant flow and achieve hiring goals
- Identify brand ambassadors and influencers within Sovrn and leverage their stories and networks to create blog posts, social media communications, videos and more in partnership with the marketing team to help promote our employer brand and spread our talent needs throughout their networks
- Facilitate the writing and posting of job ads to maximize our exposure on relevant channels and reach our targeted talent audience, not only candidates who meet the basic requirements, but also those who have the personality, work preferences, and shared mission to be a strong cultural fit and remain with the company for the long-term
- Lead the effort, in collaboration with People leadership, to develop, define and convey the Sovrn’s employment brand, helping to uncover and promote the differentiating factors that make Sovrn a great place to work and actively seeking opportunities to promote us on “best places to work” sites
- Monitor and respond appropriately to comments on Glassdoor, Indeed, LinkedIn, etc. and plan and execute activities for engaging reviewers
- Compile and report on data that measures the effectiveness of our recruitment marketing activities
- Oversee company’s career site, partner with marketing on LinkedIn profile and suggest improvements to both
- Generate monthly updates for Sovrn leadership about upcoming recruitment marketing initiatives and the results of past campaigns along with key recruitment marketing metrics
- Conduct regular audits of job postings to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements as well as job board and search engine optimization
- Communicate regularly with the People team to get a clear view of our hiring needs and organizational goals and help develop creative ways for addressing recruitment challenges
- Suggest new ideas for improving candidate experience and engagement
- Research marketing and advertising trends in the recruitment industry and keep abreast of new trends in social media channels
You’re driven, thoughtful, and curious. You are obsessed with growth and building things while not being afraid to get your hands dirty. You're comfortable collaborating with—and seeking out—everyone from graphic designers to data engineers, because you know that there's insight to be found everywhere. Above all, you're not afraid to take responsibility for guiding your projects from start to finish.
A successful candidate will have:
- Previous working experience in an employment branding or marketing role in a high growth tech environment.
- Hands on experience with recruitment systems and recruitment marketing software.
- In-depth knowledge of employer branding strategies and recruitment marketing.
- Excellent understanding of recruitment processes and candidate selection methods.
- Strong problem solving skills with creative approaches.
- Growth Mindset: We are a growing company and need people who will take initiative, fail fast, and learn from their mistakes to be successful in the role.
- Consultative approach to building strong relationships with hiring managers and their teams.
- Clear, concise and engaging written communication style
- Superb organizational skills, strong attention to detail, deadline-driven and punctual.
- Dangerous curiosity, not afraid to ask questions.
- Proven history of creating effective marketing programs
- Positive collaborative energy and proactive project management skills
- Respect for good design, brand consistency, and professionalism
- The skills to work independently but to also ask for help, direction, clarification when needed.
- Strong interpersonal skills, an approachable style.
- Bonus points for familiarity with our ATS, Greenhouse.
- G-Suite and Mac experience.
This position reports to: Director, Talent Management
Location: Boulder/Denver preferred, will consider remote locations in CO, AZ, CA, GA, NJ, NY, TX, and WA.
Publishers create the content the world depends on for education, entertainment, and commerce. Sovrn provides products and services to tens of thousands of online publishers to help them grow and make money, operate their business more efficiently, understand their readership, and manage consumer data. Sovrn is headquartered in Boulder, Colorado with offices in San Diego, New York, and London.
With thousands of customers deploying Sovrn’s products across tens of thousands of websites, Sovrn reaches nearly 500M consumers across more than 14B pageviews everyday. Sovrn has been a leader in online publisher technology since its founding, and has been recognized by IAB, JICWEBS, and TAG for its role in combating advertising fraud and promoting pro-transparency initiatives. Sovrn is dedicated to helping content creators do more of what they love, and less of what they don’t.
Sovrn Core Values: Candid, Customer Empathy, Learning, Scrappy, Second Order Thinking
We understand that no candidate is perfectly qualified for any job. Experience comes in different forms; many skills are transferable; and passion goes a long way. Even more important than your resume is a clear demonstration of accountability impact, and the ability to thrive in a fluid and collaborative environment. We expect you to learn new things in this role, and we encourage you to apply if your experience is close to what we're looking for.
Compensation and Benefits
In accordance with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the approximate compensation range for this role in Boulder/Denver, Colorado is $90,000 - $130,000, including base salary and any related bonuses or commissions. Final compensation for this role will be determined by various factors such as a candidate's relevant work experience, skills, certifications and geographic location.
Sovrn offers a full slate of benefits from competitive salaries, stock options, medical, dental and vision coverage, short and long term disability, life insurance, 11 paid holidays, flexible vacation, commuter benefits, a 401(k) plan and match, and a paid parental leave program.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Sovrn is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, parental or pregnancy status, marriage and civil partnership, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodations will be made to meet the requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act and will be provided as requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Sovrn does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias or Sovrn employees. Sovrn is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.