Cityblock Health is the first tech-driven provider for communities with complex needs, bringing better care to where it's needed most, block by block. Founded in 2017 on the premise that "health is local" and based in Brooklyn, we are backed by Alphabet's Sidewalk Labs and some of the top healthcare investors in the country.
Our mission is to improve the health of underserved communities, one block at a time. Importantly, our solutions are designed specifically for Medicaid and lower-income Medicare beneficiaries, and we meet our members where they are-bringing care into the home and neighborhoods through our community-based care teams.
In close collaboration with community-based organizations, local providers, and leading health plans, we are reorganizing the health system to focus on what matters to our members. Equipped with world-class, custom care delivery technology, we deliver personalized primary care, behavioral health, and social services to deliver a radically better experience of care for every member and community we serve.
Over the next year, we'll grow quickly to bring better care to many more members and their communities. We will get started in new markets, each with their own operating structure and care teams, and continue to grow in the communities where we are working already. To do this, we need people who, like us, believe that everyone should have good care for what matters to them, in their community.
Our work is grounded in a belief in the power of a diverse community. To deliver a radically better experience of care to our members and advance equity in the communities we serve, we strive to make our own team diverse and inclusive. Our ways of working are characterized by creativity, collaboration, and mutual learning that comes from bridging together a community from diverse backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to ensure that every person on the Cityblock team, and every Cityblock member, feels like they belong, are valued, respected, and celebrated as a part of our community.
- Aim for Understanding
- Be All In
- Bring Your Whole Self
- Lean Into Discomfort
- Put Members First
About the Role:
We are seeking an Operations Associate to ensure that our recruiting quality, operations and capabilities scale as we grow. In this role, you'll work directly with our Talent team to optimize recruiting processes and enable high-volume interview coordination across all teams. You'll also be collaborating across our People teams to support a best-in-class hiring framework for our ever-growing team across different geographies. This is an exceptional opportunity for someone eager to learn and develop at a startup, and to build a highly capable, mission-aligned team.
Requirements for the Role:
- Experience leading operational projects with multiple stakeholders.
- 1-2 years experience in recruiting coordination or client-facing operations, ideally in a high-growth environment.
- You have experience navigating enterprise Applicant Tracking Systems ("ATS", ideally Greenhouse, but also Lever, Google Hire, etc).
- Experience managing calendars in Google Calendar.
- Very strong, if not expert, command of G-Suite functionality such as Google Sheets & Docs
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills with people at all levels
- You enjoy working in a highly collaborative team and organization.
- You flourish in fast-paced environments, identifying your own opportunities for success and iterating tightly on feedback.
- You are a relationship-builder and possess the ability to engage and connect with others quickly.
How We Define Success:
- You are an exceptional communicator; you have the ability to own and drive a recruiting process, and communicate in a timely, thorough and clear manner to a diverse set of stakeholders and candidates alike.
- You are fiercely organized, a self-starter, and know how to prioritize your day while managing multiple to-do's and projects.
- Coordinate with hiring teams to schedule high-volume phone screens and interviews with key stakeholders across the organization.
- You keep interviewers/hiring teams prepared and informed of candidate context at every stage of the process, by communicating proactively and writing clear, detail-oriented messages (such as prep material and confirmations).
- You excel at kicking off and owning projects from start to finish.
- You communicate and work proactively with your teammates, reaching out when you need support and when you can offer it to others. You both ask for and give constructive feedback as well as recognition.
- As you develop, you are an active participant in your own growth, goals and interests.
- You own some key components of operations across the team, and you design workflows and resource items (e.g. guides, policies, etc) to support operational excellence.
- Ensure consistent processes, data integrity and proper use of our ATS (Greenhouse). Work with leadership to identify training and operational efficiency opportunities for the team as a whole.
Nice to Have, But Not Required:
- A strong desire to grow your career within the Talent Acquisition or broader People organization
- Experience working at an early-stage, venture-backed or commercial startup environment.
- An agile or operations certification
What We'd Like From You:
- A resume and/or LinkedIn profile
- A short cover letter
Cityblock values diversity as a core tenet of the work we do and the populations we serve. We are an equal opportunity employer, indiscriminate of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from outside recruiters/placement agencies. Cityblock will not pay fees associated with resumes presented through unsolicited means.