Associate Human Resource Business Partner, Operations at Motional
The Associate Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP) will partner with operations management, the HRBP - Global Operations and HR Centers of Excellence to formulate human capital strategies, deliver against HR initiatives/programs, manage employee relations matters, manage policies and drive talent management agenda. This role will be based in Santa Monica, CA and act as HR contact for our Santa Monica, Venice and Las Vegas offices while helping with day-to-day tactical issues for our Milpitas office. This role will work under the HRBP - Global Operations based in Las Vegas to provide coast-to-coast support for Motional’s operations organization.
What you'll be doing
- Responsible for supporting operations teams and leadership through all HR programs such as performance reviews, merit and promotion planning and employee surveys.
- Build trusting relationships with leaders, managers, and employees.
- Act as a local expert in California employment law and compliance, staying up to date on changes and making necessary adjustments internally.
- Provide great customer service with day-to-day requests and questions.
- Collaborate with the HRBP team to roll out cross-functional initiatives such as career pathing.
- Manage work-related issues with management, inclusive of performance management plans, talent development and leadership coaching.
- Contribute to the full employee lifecycle, working with HR team members to meet employee needs.
- Partner with the talent acquisition team on Internal offers, workforce planning, onboarding and offboarding
- Consult with the business leaders on policy, organization design, compliance, and change management.
- Perform role evaluations and create new roles as the business requires. Conduct compensation evaluations working with corporate compensation.
- Manage employee communications (both through design and providing input)
- Lead the efforts around assessment of talent, potential and succession planning.
What we're looking for
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a Human Resources positions having responsibility for:
- HR program administration
- Employee relations
- Policy administration
- Compensation, Benefits and Employment Law acumen
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Experience in a business environment with multi-state locations and remote offices.
- Experience working within global matrixed organization a plus.
- Demonstrated track record of building relationships and working collaboratively with others
- Ability to influence and drive results cross-functionally
- Strong knowledge of HR law and implications for California
- Able to travel domestically up to 25%
Bonus Points (not required)
- Strong background in California FLSA
- Prior experience working with hourly and non-exempt employees
- Understanding of FMLA and other leave laws
Motional is a driverless technology company making self-driving vehicles a safe, reliable, and accessible reality.
The Motional team is made up of engineers, researchers, innovators, dreamers and doers, who together are creating a first-of-its-kind technology with the potential to transform the way we move. We’re behind some of the industry's largest leaps forward, including the first fully-autonomous cross-country drive in the U.S, the launch of the world's first robotaxi pilot, and operation of the world's most-established public robotaxi fleet.
As a leader in an emerging industry that has the promise of creating safer, more reliable and accessible transportation for all, it’s imperative we have a diverse workforce, create an inclusive culture, and understand the communities we operate in around the world.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is fundamental to Motional’s success. That’s why we’ve established a team to ensure DEI is at the forefront of the candidate and employee experience, beginning with the hiring process and continuing throughout your career. We also partner with organizations like the National Society of Black Engineers, the Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers, and the Society of Women Engineers to ensure our DEI work is informed by the latest thinking and approaches.
Strategically formed by Hyundai Motor Group and Aptiv, Motional is fundamentally changing how people move through their lives. Headquartered in Boston, Motional has operations in the U.S and Asia. For more information, visit www.Motional.com and follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.
Motional AD Inc. is an EOE. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. To comply with Federal Law, we participate in E-Verify. All newly-hired employees are queried through this electronic system established by the DHS and the SSA to verify their identity and employment eligibility.