Associate Employee Relations Partner at Coinbase
Coinbase has built the world's leading compliant cryptocurrency platform serving over 30 million accounts in more than 100 countries. With multiple successful products, and our vocal advocacy for blockchain technology, we have played a major part in mainstream awareness and adoption of cryptocurrency. We are proud to offer an entire suite of products that are helping build the cryptoeconomy and increase economic freedom around the world.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, disrupt ourselves, and expect sustained high performance because we play as a championship team. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people with the desire and capacity to build and share expertise in the frontier technologies of crypto and blockchain, in whatever way is most relevant to their role.
The Associate Employee Relations Partner, the company’s second Employee Relations hire, will work closely with the Legal and HR teams to ensure that the company’s treatment of employees is fair, respectful, and consistent with our core business values. You will drive critical employee relations issues that are highly sensitive and require building trust and collaboration, such as: workplace investigations, accommodation requests, consultations on challenging employee and manager situations, and/or manager training and coaching. Balancing time between projects and crisis-response is a critical component for success in the position. You will also work as a project manager on proactive programs that improve employee relations.
What you’ll be doing (ie. job duties):
- Conduct investigations into routine and non-routine workplace matters, including: employee grievances about discrimination, harassment, and/or retaliation, violations of security policies, employment policy questions, and sensitive performance management cases.
- Manage investigations thoroughly and promptly, including by reference to the root cause(s), recommended actions, and long-term conflict resolution.
- Manage candidate/employee accommodation requests.
- Collaborate with HR Business Partners and the Employment Team to analyze, diagnose, design, and revise people programs, policies, and practices to sustain positive employee relations.
- Identify HR training needs for business units or individual leaders and create relevant and engaging trainings.
- Ensure that cases are handled fairly and consistently in a timely fashion, and in line with company values and applicable laws.
- Document investigation findings in a clear and business-friendly manner.
- Analyze employee relations trends to develop solutions and strategies and make recommendations based on related data.
What we look for in you (ie. job requirements):
- 2+ years of experience conducting workplace or internal investigations and/or similar legal experience.
- Experience with employment laws, complex employment advising, and knowledge of employment best practices.
- Ability to efficiently handle and organize multiple cases at a time in a fast-paced, hypergrowth environment.
- Clear and concise legal writing.
- JD required.
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view Pay Transparency, Employee Rights and Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law notices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] coinbase.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here). Please contact [email protected] coinbase.com for additional information or to request accommodations.Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here: Ireland/EU, United Kingdom, and California. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.