VP of Operations Finance at hims & hers (Remote)
Hims & Hers Health, Inc. (better known as Hims & Hers) is a multi-specialty telehealth platform building a virtual front door to the healthcare system. Hims & Hers connects consumers to licensed healthcare professionals, enabling people to access high-quality medical care—from wherever is most convenient—for numerous conditions related to primary care, mental health, sexual health, skincare, and more. Launched in November 2017, the platform also offers thoughtfully created and curated health and wellness products. With products and services available across all 50 states and Washington, D.C., Hims & Hers’ mission is to make it easier for all Americans to access affordable care and treatment for conditions that impact their daily lives. In January 2021, the company was listed on the NYSE at an initial valuation of $1.6 billion and is traded under the ticker symbol “HIMS”. To learn more about our brand and offerings, you can visit forhims.com and forhers.com.
Hims & Hers is seeking an extraordinary VP Operations Finance reporting to the CFO and who will play a critical role in scaling out our operations finance team.
- Primary liaison between the finance team and operations department
- Leverage scenario planning to help stakeholders see around corners and make optimal decisions
- Inform KPI’s to craft scorecards to assess and measure performance of our operations
- Responsible for strategic and tactical financial operational planning
- Recommend, develop, and implement policies and programs that guide the organization in maintaining and improving its competitive position and profitability
- Manage the development of all weekly and monthly financial close, all planning, forecasting, and reporting models and their continuous innovation and communicating to your Operations partners
- Work with data source providers and technology teams to ensure that key decision data is accurate, automated and timely
- Proven ability to manage a team with competing priorities & providing level-headed guidance during unexpected events
- Lead and facilitate cross-functional connectivity to gain alignment on a financial forecast working with various teams including Product Development, Marketing and Customer Support.
- Oversee supplier and logistical partner selection, contracts and performance review; review contract clauses, evaluate supplier/logistical execution capability according to the requirements, and review whether the clauses meet operating standards and standard processes; ensure supplier/logistical partner performance continuously meets quality and delivery requirements.
- Review and establish operations financial performance metrics for measurement, comparison, and evaluation of factors affecting the supply chain.
- Provide leadership insights and a strong sense of partnership to the executive leadership team.
- Responsible for Supply Chain budget, forecasting, and business projections, as well as internal staffing and resourcing
- Experience scaling a team and being a leader of leaders
- Hands-on style with a get-it-done personality, who is a strong communicator with the ability to connect across teams and functions to reach consensus, buy-in, and commitment.
- Results focused, strategic thinker who can quickly assess the current state, calculate risks, develop a strategy leveraging people, process, and technology to drive improvement projects and identify end-to-end supply chain implications.
- Strong leadership skills with a business partnership mentality, who can look company-wide to integrate and optimize operations through multidisciplinary problem solving.
- Highly analytical and detail oriented with the ability to simplify complex information into actionable recommendations
- Superior presentation delivery skills
- BA/BS degree in Finance, Accounting, Business, Engineering and/or similar discipline with analytical bias
- 10+ years experience in positions that require analysis and reporting financial results
- 3+ years of experience performing financial and ad hoc analysis using data reporting tools
- 5+ years of hiring, leading and developing teams
- MBA and/ or Professional certification (CPA/CMA/Qualified Accounting certificate) + relevant experience
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and creatively while applying excellent business judgment.
- Ability to work successfully in an ambiguous environment including an ability to meet tight deadlines, prioritize workload and drive projects to completion
- Experience leading / running corporate financial reporting and planning processes via a corporate FP&A team.