VP, Finance at Bittrex (Remote)
Bittrex, the leading blockchain technology provider and cryptocurrency exchange, is hiring a VP, Finance to join our Leadership team. We are looking for talented individuals that will help us push the boundaries of blockchain technology and drive innovation within the industry. If this sounds like you, we would love to have you join our rapidly growing team.
When you work at Bittrex, you will find compelling work, worthwhile professional development, outstanding benefits, and the opportunity to make a difference. We believe that we can build an inclusive environment founded on empathy, respect, and equality to create great experiences for our diverse and global customers. Depending on role and business needs, you will either work onsite, in a hybrid model or fully remote.
We are looking for a finance leader to oversee and develop our strategic finance, accounting and tax function. This role will be responsible for managing and growing a small internal team. This is a great opportunity to work with a dedicated and committed leadership team and to lead a talented team in a booming industry.
- Drive financial and operational planning for the company, serving as a key planning partner to leaders across the business
- Own preparation and analysis of forecasts, models, financial updates, and departmental budgets, presenting financial narratives, metrics, and recommendations to business partners
- Manage day-to-day accounting and finance functions/teams including revenue recognition, accounts receivable, collections, accounts payable, and financial reporting
- Oversee and manage relationships with key outside vendors for tax reporting, banking, and financial statement reporting.
What we look for in you:
- 10+ years of progressive FP&A and/ or C level experience
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, business, or a related field (MBA or CPA preferred)
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, with a high level of comfort presenting ideas to senior leadership and board members
- Motivated to work cross-functionally in a role that requires fostering solid working relationships with multiple business partners
- Willingness and desire to roll up your sleeves and be hands on with daily execution
- Previous experience leading the financial function at one or more startups
- Experience building and managing finance teams
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced startup environment and to drive quick decisions
- Proven experience analyzing acquisition, data, and revenue along with the ability to understand what needs to be done
- Prior experience in both public accounting and industry desired
Greater consideration will be given to those applicants who can demonstrate the following:
- Cryptocurrency SaaS, Financial Services or Fintech experience is a huge plus
- Background in investment banking is a plus
Benefits at Bittrex
- Fully remote or hybrid work options
- Flexible PTO
- 401(k) participation with employer match
- Top of the line health coverage
- Health savings account (HSA)
- Education and home office stipends
Established in 2014, Bittrex is a U.S. based cryptocurrency Exchange with a long-standing reputation for industry-leading security, world-class compliance, innovative products, and state-of-the-art trading and technology infrastructure.
With lightning-fast trades, dependable digital wallets, and trusted security, our goal is to operate a world class cryptocurrency exchange with a focus on security and trust.
We invite you along on our journey to advance the blockchain industry by fostering innovation, incubating new and emerging technologies, and driving transformative change.
Bittrex is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Bittrex is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.