Howl is the creator platform for social commerce. We build tools for brands and creators to sell more products across every social platform, together.
In the last 10 years, the $20bn influencer ecommerce market has become a critical part of the retail industry. It has evolved into social commerce, a new $1.2 trillion market opportunity (link) requiring new tools, protocols, and technologies.
Howl enables creators and brands to run experiments on what products to talk about and how best to talk about them. Paired with data delivered at the speed of social, creator financing for products, and feedback loops delivered in a beautifully designed platform, Howl takes the guesswork out of selling products on social platforms.
Howl’s mission is to reduce barriers for creators and brands to build social commerce businesses. We are a remote-first company with a diverse team that reflects our vision. Our beta launched in mid 2022 and powers social commerce for creators and brands across beauty, gaming, home, fashion, and consumer electronics for both industry leaders like Best Buy, Samsung, Target and cult favorites like Cariuma, Kosas, and Youth to the People. We are a Series A company backed by investors including HighlandX and NEA.
For more information, visit www.planethowl.com.
In the role of VP of Finance, you will report to the CEO and Executive Leadership team to advance us into our next stage of growth. You will own all aspects of financial management, planning and analysis, & operationalizing the company's strategy. You will advise and establish performance compared to the company’s financial and operational KPIs while bringing awareness and analyses to the leadership team. You will establish a Finance and Operations systems framework that enables leaders to lead. Partnering with leaders you will identify gaps and create policies and procedures where needed that ensure agility while also creating scalability.
What You’ll Do
- Own all aspects of Financial Planning and Analysis process, including:
- Regular financial reporting (e.g. reviewing monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements)
- Overseeing the development of monthly forecasts, strategic planning, budgeting, financial analysis, cash management, and procurement processes.
- Timely and accurately provide reporting of financial information and variance analysis to internal parties,
- Oversee necessary interactions with government regulators and outside agencies
- Audit and improve productivity and effectiveness of current cross team processes through stronger organizational design and process
- Maintain Howl’s Long Term Plan by translating the strategic vision into a detailed financial model utilized for both Executive Summary performance snapshots as well as detailed analysis of key financial metrics and milestones
- Partner with the CEO and other senior leaders to drive strong financial decision making around cost and growth
- Partner with the CEO to support corporate finance activities and investor relations, including both equity and debt capital fundraising
- Collaborate with Controller to model and manage the working capital needs of the business. Implementation of GAAP standards for marketplace companies.
- Partner with People Team on Equity administration and planning
Who You Are:
- 15+ years of experience in a Finance and/or Operational function, preferably customer-facing in a SaaS or a marketplace ecommerce organization.
- Experience in financial forecasting, scenario planning, raising Series C and beyond capital a plus
- Proven ownership of financial reporting, financial processes, and key metrics in multi-faceted businesses
- Thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced, collaborative environment
- High attention to detail, with a process and solution-oriented mindset
- Superior management collaboration and interpersonal skills- ability to interact and influence direct and indirect reports and peers