Vice President, Financial Planning & Analysis - Remote at LivePerson
LivePerson is a transformational force in how Brands and Consumers communicate. With over 18,000 customers, we are on a mission to make life easier for people and brands everywhere through trusted conversational AI and Voice enabled technologies. We believe in a future where conversations are the norm for getting your intentions fulfilled - whatever they are.
We are an innovative, intent-driven company that believes in building the future, even our own tools, and we are looking for growth minded, unconventional thinkers and leaders to join our team.
We are looking for a Vice President, Financial Planning & Analysis to join our team. As a key leader with LivePerson, the Vice President is responsible for the entire global FP&A, financial planning and forecasting, and stewardship of developing financial capabilities across LivePerson.
The Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) team is dedicated to providing LivePerson's leadership with the visibility, data, analytics, insights, structure and strategic guidance that is needed to make the best decisions possible as the company pursues its long-term goals. FP&A contains experts from a variety of finance backgrounds, with a shared dedication to providing LivePerson leaders with an understanding of the financial impact of meaningful decisions.
The Vice President, FP&A will work directly with the executive leadership team, including the CFO, to help create the strategy, systems, processes, and best practices to drive company success. The VP will oversee the traditional budget, forecasting and planning process around the world, while tasked with evolving the standard playbook. They will manage reporting and analysis at the regional and global level, further improve reporting to all stakeholders, and work in full partnership with the VP Corporate Controller and LivePerson Leadership team. The VP, FP&A will leverage strategic thought leadership and analytical skills, while serving in a highly visible role in this fast paced, high growth, rapidly evolving, conversational commerce and customer care company.
In This Role You Will:
Build the Plan and Track to the Plan
- Lead the Company’s annual operating plan, long term plan and monthly forecast updates.
- Seek and analyze data from a variety of sources to support decisions and to align others with the Company’s overall strategy.
- Refine FP&A processes, tools and techniques to improve the consistency and efficiency of central and embedded Finance partner activities.
- Develop and manage the global capital expenditures plan to ensure such investments reap the expected results in the medium term and long term.
- Design processes to drive cohesion, collaboration, accountability and knowledge-sharing across relevant business and finance disciplines.
Execute for Results
- Develop SLAs for business groups and reporting teams for information collection, planning, and decision making.
- Comfortable with ambiguity and uncertainty and has the ability to adapt nimbly and lead his/her team through complex situations.
- Manage the process surrounding the monthly feedback to engineering, sales and G&A organizations on their budget to actual performance.
Lead the Team
- A leader who is self-reflective and aware of his/her own strengths and weaknesses; lead by example and drive excellence between and among finance team members.
- Build and lead a high-performing FP&A team, ensuring that they have the capabilities, tools and support necessary to drive financial strategy forward.
- Set the long-term global strategy for the FP&A team.
Build Relationships and Exercise Influence
- Demonstrate an appreciation for the entrepreneurial spirit and what is needed to support a creative and aspirational organization that seeks to balance discipline with flexibility.
- Create a sense of purpose/meaning for the team that generates followership beyond his/her own personality and engages others to the greater purpose for the organization as a whole.
- Consult with internal business partners on hiring, retention, performance management and growth planning.
- BA or BS in finance or accounting, MBA preferred
- Minimum of 15 years' Finance experience in established global, multi-product environments, ideally in B2B SaaS software. Stellar strategic ability to lead FP&A at the enterprise level
- Minimum of 10 years' experience building and leading global Finance organizations, including managing multiple divisional Finance leaders with multi-discipline teams
- Understanding of FP&A craft and interdependencies with other Finance functions
- Brings both strategic vision and best practices to guide the FP&A process and team
- Strong business judgment applied to routine and complex financial issues
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to quickly grasp and apply analytical concepts, particularly those commonly used in SaaS/Enterprise Software companies
- Advanced proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint or another planning tool in additional to general modeling
- Experience with SAP and Salesforce a plus
Why you’ll love working here:
On October 22, 2021, LivePerson was named in Newsweek's 100 Most Loved Workplaces list coming in at #46. Per the Best Practices Institute (the conductor of the research), the rankings were determined after surveying more than 800,000 employees from businesses with workforces varying in size from 50 to more than 10,000. The list pays tribute to companies that put respect, caring and appreciation for their employees at the center of their business model and, in doing so, have earned the loyalty and respect of the people who work for them.
Five key areas were measured to gauge employee sentiment:
- the level of collaboration at the company;
- how positive workers are about their future at the company;
- how much employer values align with employee values;
- respect at all levels; and
- career achievement.
Given the many challenges that arose from COVID-19, the survey also included company responses and adaptability to the pandemic, like return-to-office rules; workplace diversity, equity and inclusion as well as compensation and benefits policies and practices.
Additionally, LivePerson was also named as one of FastCompany’s World’s most innovative companies of 2020 list for the Artificial Intelligence category. It offers amazing colleagues along with opportunities to push your own limits to grow. It embraces invention and experimentation. You’ll have great benefits plus flexible time off. Most importantly, you’ll have an ability to make an impact at work and at brands across the globe as we build the future with trusted Conversational AI together.
At LivePerson, people from diverse backgrounds come together to do their best work and be their authentic selves. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.