Atlassian is an established, publicly-traded tech company with a growing tax function. We are looking for a Tax Manager to join our Austin-based US Income Tax team. In this role, you will partner with various members of the tax team in addition to our helpful teammates in accounting, payroll, treasury, FP&A, and more.
Our ideal applicant is someone with a strong desire to add value and learn, and who is comfortable with a rapidly changing environment. We are looking for a dedicated teammate who loves working with technology, defining and refining processes, and supporting all levels of employees within a global organization. If this describes you, read on!
The Tax Manager will coordinate the tax team's handling of US (federal, international, and state) tax issues facing our rapidly growing software development company.
In this role, you'll get to:
- Coordinate review of US tax provision calculations for Quarterly and Annual audited financial statements
- Perform and document associated SOX controls for tax accounting and reporting
- Drive continued refinement of long-term income tax model projections
- Capture US tax impacts of mergers and acquisitions
- Actively monitor and analyze US international legislation that may impact our operations
- Assist with review of US federal and state income tax compliance prepared by external advisors
- Collaborate and synchronize with our internal non-US tax peers as part of a worldwide tax team mindset
- Contribute to the success of Atlassian's transfer pricing process Participate in the US R&D tax credit study
- Promote continued process automation and improvement via Alteryx, Tableau, and other tools
- Mentor and train other teammates, fostering continued growth of the overall tax team
- Selfless, hardworking, and detail-oriented team player who thrives in a fast-paced environment
- 6 to 8+ years of experience with income tax accounting under IFRS and/or US GAAP
- Prefer a mix of public accounting (5+ years in Big 4) and industry (Tech/SaaS preferred)
- CPA required
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or related field required
- Master's degree in taxation preferred
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Adept at management and prioritization of multiple concurrent and complex workstreams
- Expert on key US corporate and partnership income tax concepts, including: stock compensation, deferred revenue, R&D credit, and state tax nexus
- Well-versed in Microsoft Excel (index/match, pivot tables, etc.)
- Demonstrated history of process improvement and automation
- Prior experience with ERP software, tax provision (OneSource) and/or tax compliance software a plus
More about our team
The Tax team sets and oversees the worldwide tax strategy and makes sure Atlassian is tax compliant around the globe. You will be joining our talented, collaborative, US Income Tax team with a stellar mix of industry and Big Four experience. We are always growing, learning, and adapting. Our team is crazy smart and very direct. We ask hard questions and challenge each other to constantly improve our work. We are self-driven but team oriented.
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who's who of tech is why we're here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned-collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we're looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we're committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team .
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
If your experience looks a little different from what we've identified and you think you can rock the role, we'd love to learn more about you.
Learn more about Atlassian's culture, interviewing flow, and hiring process by checking out our Candidate Resource Hub .