US Tax Manager at Gong (Remote)
Sorry, this job was removed at 12:28 p.m. (CST) on Tuesday, August 30, 2022
Gong unlocks reality to help people and companies reach their full potential. The patented Gong Revenue Intelligence Platform™ empowers customer-facing teams to take advantage of their most valuable assets – customer interactions, which the Gong platform automatically captures and analyzes. Gong then delivers insights at scale, empowering revenue and go-to-market teams to determine the best actions for winning outcomes. Thousands of innovative companies like Morningstar Inc., Paychex, LinkedIn, Shopify, Slack, SproutSocial, Twilio, and Zillow trust Gong to power their customer reality. Gong is an award winning company and was recognized on the Inc 5000 (#99), Forbes Cloud 100 (#14), LinkedIn Top Start Ups (#2), and Great Places to Work lists in 2021.
As a Tax Manager at Gong, you’ll play a key role in optimizing our worldwide tax position while having the opportunity to get exposure to all areas of corporate taxation. We are looking for a self-directed professional willing to dig in to resolve issues and answer questions.
- Assist with preparing all aspects of the Company’s worldwide ASC 740 income tax provision and related financial statement disclosures
- Facilitate preparation of domestic and foreign income tax returns with external service providers
- Collaborate with other internal Finance departments during monthly/quarterly closes
- Assist with the management of the monthly sales tax return process and be the lead contact on sales tax audits
- Prepare annual San Francisco Gross Receipts return and property tax declaration
- Review quarterly transfer pricing entries to validate that they are in accordance with our intercompany agreements
- Work with foreign offices and advisers on local tax return preparation and audit support
- Perform tax research as necessary to complete assigned tasks/projects
- Prepare monthly account reconciliations for multiple tax accounts
- Provide support to internal auditors in maintaining SOX controls
- Other ad hoc projects as assigned
- Minimum 5+ years of broad-based corporate tax compliance and accounting experience; Big 4 experience preferred
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, economics, or a related field required; CPA is a plus
- Experience in both public accounting and industry is highly desirable
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively to effectively prioritize multiple projects to meet deadlines and produce high-quality work in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent organizational, research, analytical, and communication skills, both oral and written
- Detail-oriented and willing to roll up sleeves
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel; exposure to NetSuite a plus
PERKS & BENEFITS
- We offer Gongsters a variety of medical, dental, and vision plans, designed to fit you and your family’s needs.
- For most plans, Gong pays 100% of the premiums for employees and 50% of premiums for dependents.
- 401K program to help you invest in your future.
- Education & learning stipend for personal growth and development.
- Flexible vacation time to promote a healthy work-life blend.
- Paid parental leave to support you and your family.
- Company-wide recharge days each quarter.
- Work from home stipend to help you succeed in a remote environment
Gong is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that diversity is integral to our success, and do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, age, or any other basis protected by law.
More Information on Gong
Gong operates in the Artificial Intelligence industry. The company is located in San Francisco, CA. Gong was founded in 2015. It has 350 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Friends outside of work, Eat lunch together, Daily sync, Open door policy, Team owned deliverables and Team based strategic planning. To see all 27 open jobs at Gong, click here.
Read Full Job Description