Root’s Underwriters assess the risk profile of policyholders through the combination of various data sources, including queries that have been developed based on our underwriting guidelines, loss reviews sent by our claim adjusters, and through random audits of our current, active policy holders. However, before making judgement calls on the profile’s risk, they also have to validate the information they’re using, whether through customer interactions or 3rd party data sources.
In addition to the above, our Underwriters generate non-renewal and cancellation notices in alignment with our underwriting guidelines, as well as compliance with state statutes and timing. Improving and iterating on our current workflow is a key component of our Underwriters’ work.
What you will do.
- Review policies that are queried base on our underwriting guidelines
- Complete loss reviews as needed
- Set follow ups and reminders for situations that need further review or action on a later date
- Document underwriting thought process and actions as needed
- Generate non-renewal and cancellation notices
- Oversee CS/UW Slack channel and respond to questions in a timely manner
What you should have.
- Undergraduate degree preferred. Equivalent work experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Extensive personal auto insurance knowledge. Renters and homeowners’ insurance experience is a plus.
- Excellent verbal, written and communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills; adept in relationship building.
- Ability to adapt to shifting priorities and align activities to meet goals in ever-changing environments and market conditions.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, communication and time management qualities.