Treasury Analyst at Carvana
If you like disrupting the norm and are looking to join a company revolutionizing an industry then you will LOVE what Carvana has done for the car buying experience. Buying a car the old fashioned way sucks and we are working hard to make it NOT suck. I mean, have you seen our vending machine?!
We are looking for people who are excited to thrive in an environment of impactful change. Team spirit is evident at Carvana and every day we let our passions and creativity foster innovation. We take big swings, set ambitious goals, and challenge each other to make data- and process-driven decisions in everything we do. Here are a few of our stories! We’ve been changing the game since 2013, and we’re not taking our foot off the gas now. Want more of the story? Check out our background here.
About the team and position
Carvana is looking for an enthusiastic and experienced individual to join our team as a Treasury Analyst. The Treasury Analyst will play a key role in selling and pledging loans under Carvana’s innovative automobile lending platform, monitoring cash and liquidity positions, maintaining debt facilities, and supporting Carvana’s relationships with major financial institutions. Most importantly, you will see your insights have an immediate, tangible impact every day in a well-funded and rapidly growing company.
What you’ll be doing
- Determine loans to be sold to financial institutions and loan investors and prepare loan sale documents.
- Monitor cash positions and anticipate cash borrowings from debt facilities.
- Present liquidity reporting and short-term forecasting of liquidity to management.
- Manage debt facility, financial institution, and loan investor relationships.
- Reconcile inventory line roll forward.
- Initiate wire transfers and loan movements.
- Monitor loan eligibility and follow-up on ineligible loans held.
- Analyze bank service fees.
What you should have
- BA/BS or MS in Accounting, Finance, Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Physics, or Engineering.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel.
- Familiarity with SQL.
- Financial forecasting experience.
- An understanding of and interest in the financial markets.
- Ability to maintain high volume and high-quality content in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to communicate and interact with others effectively in a professional, courteous manner.
- A self-starter mentality with a strong detail-orientation and organizational skills.
It would be great if you also had
- Background in banking, treasury, accounting, consumer lending, customer service, or finance.
- Experience with Tableau or other BI/visualization technologies.
- Experience with VBA or PowerPivot.
What we’ll offer in return
- Full-Time Position with a competitive salary.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits.
- 401K with company match.
- A multitude of perks including student loan payments, discounts on vehicles, benefits for your pets, and much more.
- A great wellness program to keep you healthy and happy both physically and mentally.
- Access to opportunities to expand your skill set and share your knowledge with others across the organization.
- A company culture of promotions from within, with a start-up atmosphere allowing for varied and rapid career development.
- A seat in one of the fastest-growing companies in the country.
To be able to do your job at Carvana, there are some basic requirements we want to share with you.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand English.
Of course, we’ll make any reasonable accommodations for those with disabilities to perform the essential functions of their jobs.
Hiring is contingent on passing a complete background check. This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
Carvana is an equal employment opportunity employer. All applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. Carvana also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.
Please note this job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.