Coinbase has built the world's leading compliant cryptocurrency platform serving over 68 million accounts in more than 100 countries. With multiple successful products, and our vocal advocacy for blockchain technology, we have played a major part in mainstream awareness and adoption of cryptocurrency. We are proud to offer an entire suite of products that are helping build the cryptoeconomy and increase economic freedom around the world.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, disrupt ourselves, and expect sustained high performance because we play as a championship team. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people with the desire and capacity to build and share expertise in the frontier technologies of crypto and blockchain, in whatever way is most relevant to their role.
We are looking for a Treasury Analyst to join our Digital Asset Management and Crypto Operations Team within the Coinbase Treasury Team. The right candidate would have some experience in corporate treasury or would have experience working at a bank treasury and also be interested in digital asset management and wallet operations. The role involves funding, forecasting and managing digital asset liquidity. Additionally, the candidate will support our staking and node deployment initiatives, digital asset management across different venues and emerging digital asset initiatives like NFT and other web3 tokens.
Ideally, this person will have experience supporting product launches in the payment and/or crypto space or must be able to quickly learn about new crypto currencies and crypto product initiatives. You must have the ability to efficiently execute tasks, balance competing priorities, show attention to details and provide data driven insights that help drive funding decisions for the crypto focused entities.
This role reports to the Senior Manager, Cash and Digital Asset Management and this position provides the ideal candidate a great opportunity to work/learn skills at the intersection of finance 1.0 and Crypto / Web3. You will collaborate with both stakeholders in our finance organization as well as those in our product and engineering teams.
We are looking for a candidate who has some experience in treasury, especially cash management and has been exposed to crypto products and activities or is willing to learn and to support crypto operations of a fast growing public company. This position will impact a rapidly growing organization and offers a career development opportunity for the right candidate.
What you’ll be doing (ie. job duties):
- Work with the Crypto Product and Engineering teams to determine appropriate wallet setup and digital assets flows.
- Manage digital assets flows between hot and cold wallets. Transition assets from digital asset rewards program from self hosted wallets to Cloud wallets (hot or cold).
- Forecast liquidity and inventory needs for crypto operations especially maintaining adequate reserves for payment of gas fees.
- Manage corporate inventory wallet movements and funding of internal wallets.
- Establish a process in collaboration with Product and Engineering teams to understand the reserve needs of each network that the team onboards while formalizing a plan to liquidate any excess digital assets.
- Identify and maintain strong working relationships with key internal business partners and ensure partnership to achieve corporate objectives.
- Continue to improve knowledge of crypto and on products in the digital assets and web3 space.
What we look for in you (ie. job requirements):
- Bachelor’s in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, Economics or related discipline.
- 1 - 5 years of progressive corporate treasury experience. Experience in cash management and payment an added plus.
- Ability to balance strategic focus with tactical implementation, and efficient execution skills.
- Must be a quick learner and also own processes to the end.
- Must have highly effective verbal, written, and presentation skills to articulate ideas and plans clearly, accurately, and effectively with all levels of internal and external audiences.
- Efficient in Microsoft Excel and/or Google Sheets and other Microsoft/G-Suite product.
Nice to haves:
- Professional designation in Treasury is a plus.
- Computer Science background a plus.
- Experience with crypto or wallet operations a major plus.
- Experience and general interest in the crypto currency and blockchain space a plus.
- Experience using data visualization tools like Looker and/or Tableau.
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view Pay Transparency, Employee Rights and Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law notices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] coinbase.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here). Please contact [email protected] coinbase.com for additional information or to request accommodations.Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here: Ireland/EU, United Kingdom, and California. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.