Technical Accounting Policy Manager at Kraken Digital Asset Exchange (Remote)
Sorry, this job was removed at 5:02 a.m. (CST) on Tuesday, November 1, 2022
By clicking Apply Now you agree to share your profile information with the hiring company.
As one of the largest and most trusted digital asset platforms globally, we are empowering people to experience the life-changing potential of crypto. Trusted by over 8 million consumer and pro traders, institutions, and authorities worldwide - our unique combination of products, services, and global expertise is helping tip the scales towards mass crypto adoption. But we’re only just getting started. We want to be pioneers in crypto and add value to the everyday lives of billions. Now is not the time to sit on the sidelines. Join us to bring crypto to the world.
To ensure Kraken is the right fit for you, please ensure you read Kraken Culture Explained to find out more about us!
About the Role:
The Manager of Accounting Policy and Financial Transactions will be an integral part of the Finance Team and will work closely with Finance and Accounting leadership cohorts. This role reports to the Director of Technical Accounting.
The Manager of Accounting Policy and Financial Transactions is a key member of the Accounting and Finance Team and serves as an accounting subject matter expert to support global Kraken accounting processes and financial transactions. This role is responsible for implementation and oversight of the global Kraken accounting and finance policies and supports M&A teams on a broad spectrum of technical accounting matters. Responsibilities also include assisting with the preparation of financial statements and evaluation of complex technical accounting issues as needed.
What you'll do:
- Serve as a U.S. GAAP and Kraken accounting policy subject matter expert
- Provide counsel to internal stakeholders including interpretation, application, and implementation of accounting and finance policies
- Evaluate targets financial practices such as historical and projected earnings and cash flows, contingencies, commitments, as well as quality of assets and internal control structure
- Post-deal integration
- Identify integration and post-transaction transition issues
- Assist with the adoption of new U.S. GAAP accounting standards including coordinating with accounting process owners, developing implementation plans, and executing process, system, and financial reporting disclosure changes
- Assist with preparation and review of disclosures in Kraken’s financial statements
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting required, CPA and MBA preferred
- Minimum of 10-years progressive experience in corporate accounting and/or public accounting, cryptocurrency industry experience a plus
- Strong knowledge of U.S. GAAP accounting and financial reporting requirements, IFRS a plus
- Previous experience in business combinations, derivatives and complex financial instruments
- Understanding of complex business and information technology management processes and controls
- Experience as finance lead for post-merger integration
Location Tagging: #US
We’re powered by people from around the world with their own unique and diverse experiences. We value all Krakenites and their talents, contributions, and perspectives, regardless of their background. We encourage you to apply for roles where you don't fully meet the listed requirements, especially if you're passionate or knowledgable about crypto!
As an equal opportunity employer we don’t tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind. Whether that’s based on race, ethnicity, age, gender identity, citizenship, religion, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state or local laws.
Stay in the know
Kraken Culture Explained
Follow us on Twitter
Catch up on our blog
Follow us on LinkedIn
More Information on Kraken Digital Asset Exchange
Kraken Digital Asset Exchange operates in the Blockchain industry. The company is located in Cheyenne, WY. Kraken Digital Asset Exchange was founded in 2011. It offers perks and benefits such as Wellness Programs, Mental Health Benefits, Company Equity, Generous Parental Leave, Remote Work Program and Generous PTO. To see all 29 open jobs at Kraken Digital Asset Exchange, click here.
Read Full Job Description