Technical Accounting Manager at Addepar
Who We Are
Addepar’s mission is to bring data, technology and people together to help investors make more informed and timely investment decisions. Our wealth management platform is transforming the fintech industry by providing data aggregation, analytics and reporting for even the most complex investment portfolios. Here, your voice matters. We believe that portfolio, market and client insights can make a significant and sustainable impact, one person and one community at a time. Working at the intersection of groundbreaking technology and limitless financial services industry growth, we are optimizing how capital is put to work.
We are currently seeking a Technical Accounting and Financial Reporting Manager to join our Accounting team! You will be in charge of US GAAP research, setting up and enforcing accounting policies, handling equity administration and accounting.
What You’ll Do
- Prepare and maintain US GAAP accounting policies
- Research accounting literature and prepare technical memorandums and white papers
- Work with the General Ledger and Revenue Accounting teams to develop and maintain operational aspect of new accounting pronouncements, for examples include ASC 842 (Lease Accounting) implementation
- Prepare quarterly US GAAP financial statements under Rule 701
- Prepare annual US GAAP financial statements and related disclosures
- Work closely with the External Auditors and subject matter experts on the timely resolution of difficult accounting matter
- Coordinate with subject matter experts regarding tax provision work
- Work closely with Financial Planning and Analysis team on financial statements for the quarterly Board of Directors (US GAAP to non-GAAP reconciliation), fluxes explanations etc.
- Provide project management for acquisitions and design all aspects of the acquisition accounting, including coordination with valuation firms and auditors
- Oversight of 409a valuations
Equity administration and accounting
- Maintain Shareworks equity system, including grants, exercises, cancellations, transfers
- Work with third party legal advisor (acting as a transfer agent) to reconcile capitalization table on a monthly basis
- Work closely with legal and accounting team to manage exercises and cash collections
- Work with all parties to make the process more efficient (including exercises automation)
- Manage and respond to the investors / investors auditors confirmations
- Perform calculation and journal entries for the compensation expense charges and modification related charges
Who You Are
- BA/BS in Business, Accounting, Economics or other relevant major
- CPA with at least 6 years’ experience in Public Accounting (EY, Deloitte, PWC, KPMG, Grant Thorton etc) firm and / or Financial / Technology industry
- Experience with auditing US Public Company with foreign subsidiaries and foreign exchange implication is a plus
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent skills with both Microsoft Office and G-suite
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills required
- Ability to multi-task in fast-paced setting, you will be asked to make judgement calls about prioritization
Addepar was founded in 2009 by Palantir co-founder Joe Lonsdale, who currently serves as an active Chairman of its Board of Directors and General Partner at 8VC. Addepar works with hundreds of leading financial advisors, family offices and large financial institutions that manage data for over $3 trillion of assets on the company's platform. Addepar was named a Forbes Fintech 50 company and honored as a member of the CB Insights Fintech 250. Addepar is headquartered in Silicon Valley and has offices in New York City, Salt Lake City and Edinburgh, Scotland.
At Addepar, we are driven by our core values:
- Take Action - We believe in empowering each other to make decisions that elevate our colleagues and our communities.
- Build Together - We celebrate success by recognizing the value of collaborating with each other, our clients and partners.
- Best Ideas Win - We welcome new ideas that inspire change.
- Demand Transparency - We encourage open discussion and information-sharing to strengthen communication across organizations.
- Solve Problems that Matter - We put our community of clients and partners first by creating technology that meets their needs today
In addition to our core values, Addepar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We seek to bring together diverse ideas, experiences, skill sets, perspectives, backgrounds and identities to drive innovative solutions. We commit to promoting a welcoming environment where inclusion and belonging are held as a shared responsibility.
To ensure the health and safety of all Addepeeps and our prospective candidates, we have instituted a virtual interview and onboarding experience.