Technical Accounting and SEC Reporting Manager at Opendoor
| San Francisco, CA
Sorry, this job was removed at 7:48 a.m. (CST) on Wednesday, August 11, 2021
Founded in 2014, Opendoor’s mission is to empower everyone with the freedom to move. We believe the traditional real estate process is broken and our goal is simple: build a digital, end-to-end customer experience that makes buying and selling a home simple, certain and fast. We have assembled a dedicated team with diverse backgrounds to support more than 100,000 homes bought and sold with us and the customers who have selected Opendoor as a trusted partner in handling one of their largest financial transactions. But the work is far from over as we continue to grow in new markets. Transforming the real estate industry takes tenacity and dedication. It takes problem solvers and builders. It takes a tight knit community of teammates doing the best work of their lives, pushing one another to transform a complicated process into a simple one. So where do you fit in? Whether you’re passionate about real estate, people, numbers, words, code, or strategy -- we have a place for you. Real estate is broken. Come help us fix it.
We’re seeking an exceptional Technical Accounting and SEC Reporting Manager to join our Accounting & Finance team. This role will be a significant contributor to the vision and overall success of the accounting department.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Preparing technical accounting analysis related to new transactions and new or evolving products. Work closely with our external auditors through technical accounting matters and bring any accounting analysis to closure in a timely manner.
- Partnering with other members of the accounting team to implement new accounting standards, changes in accounting policies or to operationalize the accounting for new or modified products.
- Responding to technical accounting inquiries from external and internal parties and explain technical accounting matters and concepts to all levels within the organization.
- Maintaining the Company’s accounting policies which includes adoption of new accounting standards and updating the Company’s accounting policies as disclosed in its financial statements.
- Assisting with the SEC reporting process, which includes drafting and reviewing portions of Forms 10-Q and 10-K.
- Assisting with the preparation and review of the financial statements in accordance with US GAAP.
- Ensuring the internal controls related to accounting policies and financial reporting are designed, implemented and operating effectively for SOX compliance.
We’re looking for teammates who have:
- Licensed CPA with 6 or more years of accounting experience including Big 4 audit/advisory experience and progressive experience working on technical matters.
- A working knowledge of US GAAP, SOX controls, and SEC reporting standards,
- The ability to work cross-functionally to obtain all relevant facts, understand the business requirements, articulate the accounting requirements and communicate the conclusions reached. Ability to collaborate cross-functionally to achieve mutually beneficial outcomes.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Exceptional organizational skills, timeline management skills and attention to detail.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and strong with Word and Excel.
- A desire to work in a fast growing, exciting and agile business.
- Real estate experience
- NetSuite or other ERP experience
- Experience with mergers and acquisitions
- Experience consolidating international subsidiaries
More About Us:
Want to learn more about us and how we are revolutionizing the home buying and selling process? Learn more about us on our website, check out our profile on The Muse to learn more about our culture from our team members, or read our blog posts to hear about the work we are doing.
We Offer the Following Benefits and Perks:
- Full medical, dental, and vision with optional 70% coverage for dependents
- Flexible vacation policy
- Generous parental leave
- Paid time off to volunteer
Please note that these benefits and perks are available only to Full Time team members and do not apply to contract roles.
Opendoor Values Openness:
Our team celebrates our diverse backgrounds. We believe that being open about who we are and what we do allows us to be better. Individuals seeking employment at Opendoor are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or other protected status under all applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances.
Read Full Job Description