Technical Accounting and External Reporting Manager at Powin (Remote)
We’re Building the Future! Ever want to do hard work that will make a REAL difference in the world? Do you want to solve some of the most difficult problems with a team of exceptional players at a company that does not believe in impossible?
About the Company
Powin Energy is a leading producer of utility scale modular battery energy storage system (complete with a patented, advanced, cloud-based monitoring/control system). That means we build power plants out of batteries that put coal and gas generators out of business and enable sustainable viability for renewable energy sources like solar and wind.
Powin is, and will continue to be, one of a handful of companies that will provide the equipment necessary to make this happen. Powin has distinct competitive advantages: cost-effectiveness; reliability; scalability; deploy-ability; and operational sophistication. Every day we work to ensure that we maintain these competitive advantages and our position as a global leader in providing turnkey, battery energy storage solutions for utility-scale, commercial and industrial, and microgrid applications.
Powin is looking for a seasoned Technical Accounting and External Reporting Manager. If you are a mission-oriented, systems-driven thinker who loves a challenge, you will thrive in this role. The ideal candidate can complete a high volume of tasks and projects quickly with little guidance, react with appropriate urgency, take effective action without having to know the total picture, and solve problems that affect people within the team and other related groups
- Create and maintain accounting policies, memos and white papers to formally document the company’s internal policies in accordance with US GAAP
- Lead the development, implementation, and communication of new policies and procedures to adopt newly issued accounting standards as applicable to the Company
- Research and analyze the financial statement impact of potential or new changes to accounting standards
- Provide accounting guidance related to proposed unusual or significant transactions to ensure conformity with US GAAP and company policies/procedures
- Review contracts and document appropriate accounting treatment for terms within them
- Provide technical accounting guidance and recommendations to various stakeholders across the business to ensure accurate accounting, reporting and disclosure in the company’s financial statements
- Prepare and present accounting and policy training to both accountants and non-accountants
- Prepare financial statements, footnotes and appropriate disclosures to be included in the company’s audited financial statements
- Work closely with external auditors to ensure proper financial reporting and disclosures
- Provide inputs related to technical accounting to be included in presentations to the audit committee
- Perform miscellaneous research and analysis as required
- 5+ years of related experience
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP and its application
- Public accounting experience preferred
- Prior experience with SEC reporting required
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or related field
- CPA is required
Be a part of the future by making a difference with Powin!