Reddit is a network of more than 100,000 communities where people can dive into anything through experiences built around their interests, hobbies and passions. Reddit users submit, vote and comment on content, stories and discussions about the topics they care about the most. From pets to parenting, there’s a community for everybody on Reddit and with more than 52 million daily active users, it is home to the most open and authentic conversations on the internet. For more information, visit redditinc.com.
The finance team is seeking a dedicated tax professional who will play a significant role in establishing a growing tax function. As Reddit begins to expand, this person will play a critical role in our day-to-day tax operations and will support our global tax reporting and compliance process. In keeping with Reddit values, the successful leader in this role is someone who operates with an open mindset and “values the human” in all interactions. This position will report to the Senior Tax Manager.
- Manage our global income and indirect tax compliance obligations to ensure timely filings
- Responsible for the preparation of our quarterly and annual tax provisions, memos, and related disclosures
- Support our monthly accounting close process
- Prepare local tax filings and payments
- Manage internal controls / SOX framework for our tax accounts and processes
- Support our international accounting team and work with advisors on statutory filings
- Respond to tax audit inquiries and notices
- Monitor changes in global tax legislation and policies to ensure income tax impact is properly considered
- Work with business partners on ad hoc projects and to address tax related questions
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field required
- CPA required (Active or Inactive), Masters in Tax preferred
- 5+ years of corporate tax experience with at least 3 years of public accounting experience
- Excellent knowledge of GAAP & SEC reporting requirements in area of taxation
- Ability to work collaboratively across teams
- Must have excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Ability to multitask and adapt to an ever changing environment
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Positive attitude and open mindset, not afraid to roll up your sleeves
- Team player, strong EQ, flexibility, dependability, and, last but not least, a good sense of humor
Reddit is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at [email protected].