Supervisor, Deposit Servicing at Alliant Credit Union
What will your day look like?
You will be responsible for leading and directing the work efforts of a team engaged in the membership and depository account opening process for products such as checking/savings and IRA accounts and the related servicing of, including but not limited to the processing of account adjustments, deceased account processing, and tax reporting. The Supervisor, Deposit Servicing is responsible for payment disputes in the areas of Credit, Debit, ACH and Check. The incumbent must maintain knowledge of all chargeback processing phases, including but not limited to chargebacks, presentments, arbitration, and compliance. General direction is received from the Director, Banking Operations.
Do you see yourself doing this?
- Oversee and participate in the day-to-day processing of work to ensure all departmental service level agreements are achieved
- Audits team member’s work to ensure quality standards are maintained and departmental procedures are current, followed, and aligned with enterprise policy
- Identify continuous operational improvement opportunities and service efficiency initiatives; recommend solutions, and champion the implementation of agreed upon changes
- Raise expectations of self and others by continuously learning and broadening industry and technical skills
- Serve as an escalation point for member service and operational issues
- Ensure compliance with VISA, NACHA, Check21, REG CC and UCC4a regulations and operating procedures to assure the timely resolution of chargeback and potential chargeback items
- Ensure compliance with all applicable state and federal laws, company procedures and policies
- Remain abreast of industry trends and practices
Leadership and Performance Management Responsibilities
- Translate operating plans into meaningful direction of projects, goals, priorities and activities; delivering on strategy through quality execution and best practice adaptation
- Capture, analyze, and understand the internal environment, team dynamics, and talent capabilities to address organizational refinement, agility and growth
- Champion Employee/Internal Customer Engagement, employee development and all cultural hallmarks through a strong leadership signature and a growing command of Alliant’s leadership competencies
- Continually assess and provide discerning development, insightful coaching and talent utilization/optimization for direct reports
- Apply High Performance Management practices in leading an engaged workforce in order to effectively leverage the full potential and talent of this function
- Provide a structural and consistent approach to ensure that individual development plans are in place, performance management is consistent, performance management process is respected and followed, and coaching and feedback are provided on a regular and dynamic basis
Adhere to and ensure compliance of all business transactions with policy and process of the Bank Secrecy Act Ensures compliance with all applicable state and federal laws, company procedures and policies. Maintains integrity and ethics in all actions and conversations with or regarding credit union members and their accounts; complies with Privacy Act directives.
Where permitted by applicable law, successful applicants to this position must either have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccination by date of hire to be considered (proof of vaccination is required), or be willing to submit a negative COVID-19 test result in advance of each visit to an Alliant facility.
What makes you a great fit?
You’ll be a great fit if in addition to the completion of a Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, or equivalent preferred, and you have:
- Minimum 3 years banking experience with expertise of depository products including checking/savings, IRA, and other specialty accounts.
- Deep functional knowledge of card, ACH and check dispute processes and procedures. Experience with P2P networks (Venmo, Paypal, Zelle) and advanced knowledge of Reg CC, E, NACHA, Check21, REG CC and UCC4a
- Minimum 3 years of leadership experience including project and vendor management, preferred
- Ability to use a continuous improvement approach to develop and enhance policies, procedures, and business initiatives
- Superior operational organization and team building skills including the ability to develop relationships at all levels within the organization
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent decision-making skills that demonstrate originality, flexibility, and resourcefulness while handling risk
- Ability to make decisions independently while balancing the needs of a diverse partner community