We're transforming the grocery industry
At Instacart, we invite the world to share love through food because we believe everyone should have access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together. Where others see a simple need for grocery delivery, we see exciting complexity and endless opportunity to serve the varied needs of our community. We work to deliver an essential service that customers rely on to get their groceries and household goods, while also offering safe and flexible earnings opportunities to Instacart Personal Shoppers.
Instacart has become a lifeline for millions of people, and we’re building the team to help push our shopping cart forward. If you’re ready to do the best work of your life, come join our table.
Instacart is a Flex First team
There’s no one-size fits all approach to how we do our best work. Our employees have the flexibility to choose where they do their best work—whether it’s from home, an office, or your favorite coffee shop—while staying connected and building community through regular in-person events. Learn more about our flexible approach to where we work.
Shoppers are a critical part of our business and its success. As a member of the Strategic Finance team you will partner with stakeholders across the business to ensure we are doing right by our Shoppers and other stakeholders, driving optimized decision making through data insights and financial analyses, and adding structure, process, and rigor to our operations.
As a Senior Associate, you have both strong attention to detail and the ability to consider the big picture to drive strategic and investment recommendations. You are highly analytical and a clear, confident communicator.ABOUT THE JOB
- Early team member on the Strategic Finance team
- Partner cross-functionally to drive budgeting and forecasting processes, strategic decision making and initiative prioritization
- Generate monthly and quarterly performance and forecast reviews, budgets, board meeting and investor presentations, and other financial review presentations
- Prepare insightful analytics for cross functional leadership team; identify areas of opportunity to help develop Instacart’s strategic direction
- Contribute to monthly, quarterly, annual and long range P&L planning
- Assist with board meeting and investor presentations
- Complete ad-hoc business projects and financial modeling analysis that drive decision-making
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, CS, Math, Economics, Finance, Business or other related field
- 4-6 years work experience in a relevant field with demonstrated financial acumen and a track record of leveraging data for business impact
- Experience in investment banking, financial due diligence / transaction services, equity research, private equity, management consulting, corporate strategy, business operations, strategy & operations, strategic finance or a similar field at a high-growth technology company preferred
- Highly proficient in Excel with strong attention to detail
- Intermediate to advanced SQL knowledge is preferred
- Demonstrated experience thinking strategically about complex business problems, leading to recommendations and action plans
- Ability to effectively build and maintain relationships with multiple stakeholders, manage multiple competing priorities, and drive projects to completion
- Strong communication skills and comfort working with internal stakeholders, including senior leadership
- A self-starter with a positive attitude and ability to work in a rapidly changing environment
- Finding humor in food puns is a plus!
Accommodations & Accessibility
At Instacart, we strive to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates. If you need assistance submitting an application through our career site due to a disability, please submit an Accommodations Request Form and someone from our team will reach out soon to see how we may be able to assist.