What you'll do:
- Analyze data and facilitate sound management decisions through financial reporting while highlighting material variances, trends and risks/opportunities, and providing insightful commentary to the business and partners
- Strategic financial planning to assess impact and potential trade-offs for key business opportunities such as introducing new revenue streams and international growth opportunities
- Work cross-functionally to monitor, analyze and communicate the performance of strategic initiatives as well as incorporate go-forward business decisions into the financial forecast model
- Track and communicate insights about industry activity, including but not limited to competitor product introductions, strategy shifts and fundraising / M&A activity
- Assist with investor relations activities, including Board presentations and investor requests
- Help shape the company’s M&A strategy and identify potential acquisition opportunities across the competitive landscape
- Support transaction execution through due diligence, detailed financial / valuation analysis and materials preparation for the executive team and board
Why we're excited about you:
- You are a Google Sheets and/or an Excel whiz; advanced formulas, complex modeling, etc.
- You can take a high-level idea and formulate a detailed analysis to support key stakeholders’ decision making
- You enjoy analyzing large volumes of data, interpreting and identifying pertinent issues, and communicating insights in a meaningful and concise manner
- You’re experienced with creating clear and strategic PowerPoint presentations for senior-level audiences
- You have a solid understanding of the M&A process, from identifying opportunities through transaction execution
- You enjoy collaborating and have the ability to work cross-functionally and guide non-finance teams with data and analysis
- You have experience in investment banking, private equity, strategic finance / FP&A, corporate development or analytically-driven roles
Why you're excited about us:
- Impact: Your analysis and insights will be the foundation for many of our most strategic business decisions.
- Growth: You’ll have the opportunity to wear a lot of hats and take on more responsibility over time.
- Our team: We have a passionate, talented team that is a lot of fun to work with.
- Our mission: We’re doing work that matters – connecting lifelong learners around the world and empowering them to pursue their creativity.
- Flexibility: We believe that doing your best work means living a full life. That means different things for everyone, so we optimize for trust, invest to support remote teams, have an unlimited vacation policy (with a required minimum!), and encourage work-life balance.