Stock Plan Manager at DigitalOcean (New York City, NY or Remote)
Headquartered in New York but based around the world, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust and passionate community of developers around the world. Our mission is to simplify cloud computing for every developer. We are working on solving some of the most challenging and interesting technology projects around, on a scale unmatched by most.
Our Total Rewards team drives cash, equity, perks and benefits for all employees around the world and plays a crucial role as we enter new markets. Having recently gone public, we're looking for a Stock Plan M to join our team who will manage all aspects of our Global Equity program including new grants, equity transactions, grant cancelations, ESPP and employee education. You will report to the VP, Total Rewards and can be based remotely.What You’ll Be Doing:
- Manage day-to-day administration of our equity plans globally (stock options, RSUs and ESPP), including:
- Create and administer our global equity programs for the entire company
- Own relationship with our equity plan software system (currently Shareworks) to ensure program compliance
- Process all equity plan transactions (grants, exercises, dispositions, transfers, releases, etc.)
- Reconcile transactions, termination dates, tax withholding and reporting, and other items
- Be responsible for coordinating the approval of new equity grants, including partnering with the various internal teams (People, Legal, Tax and Accounting) and Board members
- Ensure global equity reporting and compliance with international tax and regulatory requirements, including 3921
- Prepare reports for equity plan tracking and coordinate with management team
- Develop and provide education to our employees on equity compensation
- Responsible for handling any employee questions related to the equity plan
- Prepare monthly reconciliations between EEO and payroll, GL, transfer agent, etc.
- Partner with other Total Rewards team members to incorporate equity summaries and trends into routine and ad-hoc reporting
- Support our various compensation cycles (e.g. promotion, merit, and bonus) with equity analytics that help drive informed decision making across our leadership team
- Participate in equity compensation-related matters in connection with M&A opportunities
- Work on special projects as required
- 5+ years of stock administration experience at a global company
- Experience with the Shareworks platform and other major third-party equity software systems and brokerage firms
- Understanding of U.S. federal, state and global equity taxation
- Knowledge of regulatory and compliance matters related to equity programs and taxation
- Experience with U.S. GAAP and SOX
- Experience building employee equity education programs
- Certified Equity Professional (CEP) preferred
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, manage competing priorities, efficiently prioritize tasks, and adhere to critical deadlines
- Confident working with various levels of management and handling highly confidential data
- Advanced Excel/GoogleSheets skills (i.e. pivot tables, xlookup, vlookup, macros)
- We value development. You will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. We maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development through formalized mentorship, LinkedIn Learning tracks, and other internal programs. We also provide all employees with reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We care about your physical, financial and mental well-being. We offer competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents, a monthly gym stipend to support your physical health, and a commute or internet allowance to make your trips to your office or your desk easier. We offer generous parental leave with transition time built-in upon return to work. We offer competitive compensation and a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match.
- We support our remote employee experience. While we have great office spaces in NYC and Cambridge, we’re very distributed—we use a number of communication tools to connect across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to visit our offices and meet their teams face-to-face at team offsites. We also have an annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the entire company at least once a year. We also allow employees to outfit their workstations to meet their needs—whether remote or in office.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
For all CO residents, please click here
Want to learn more about our People team? Click here!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Click here to hear from our employees!