Headquartered in New York but based around the world, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust and passionate community of developers around the world. Our mission is to simplify cloud computing for every developer. We are working on solving some of the most challenging and interesting technology projects around, on a scale unmatched by most.We want passionate people who are high-performing team players who can take new challenges and go the extra mile.
The Staff Accountant will be responsible for a wide variety of tasks within the Controller’s Organization. Responsibilities include closing the books monthly including journal entry preparation, account reconciliations and analysis, accruals, variance explanations and compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley controls. Other responsibilities include supporting the annual audit and quarterly reviews, review of GL coding for OPEX purchases as well as vendor contracts to ensure compliance with US GAAP and various ad-hoc projects.What You’ll Be Doing:
- Timely completion of monthly, quarterly and year-end financial closing including journal entries, accruals, prepaid expenses, bank account reconciliations, account analysis and analytics.
- Work cross functionally with FP&A and various business owners as part of month-end accruals process.
- Assist with documentation requests for completion of quarterly reviews and annual audit.
- Sarbanes-Oxley compliance, including maintaining requisite controls and procedures.
- Document procedures and workflow in assigned areas of responsibility.
- Help drive improvements to internal processes to achieve a faster close.
- Special projects as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting required.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in Accounting/Audit
- Knowledgeable of US GAAP; experience with accounting in foreign currencies a plus.
- Experience with SOX controls a plus.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Thorough and attentive to detail while still meeting deadlines required.
- Excellent organizational ability required to handle multiple priorities.
- Strong desire to learn; proactive self-starter who enjoys a fast paced environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Tech savvy and proficient with MS Office/Google Workspace; strong Excel skills are required.
- Experience with ERPs/various accounting systems such as NetSuite preferred.
- We value development. You will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. We maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development through formalized mentorship, LinkedIn Learning tracks, and other internal programs. We also provide all employees with reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We care about your physical, financial and mental well-being. We offer competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents, a monthly gym stipend to support your physical health, and a commute or internet allowance to make your trips to your office or your desk easier. We offer generous parental leave with transition time built-in upon return to work. We offer competitive compensation and a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match.
- We support our remote employee experience. While we have great office spaces in NYC and Cambridge, we’re very distributed—we use a number of communication tools to connect across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to visit our offices and meet their teams face-to-face at team offsites. We also have an annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the entire company at least once a year. We also allow employees to outfit their workstations to meet their needs—whether remote or in office.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
*This is a remote role
For all CO residents, please click here
Want to learn more about our Finance team? Click here!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Click here to hear from our employees!