Staff Accountant at SoFi (Remote)
Employee Applicant Privacy Notice
Who we are:
Shape a brighter financial future with us.
Together with our members, we’re changing the way people think about and interact with personal finance.
We’re a next-generation fintech company using innovative, mobile-first technology to help our millions of members reach their goals. The industry is going through an unprecedented transformation, and we’re at the forefront. We’re proud to come to work every day knowing that what we do has a direct impact on people’s lives, with our core values guiding us every step of the way. Join us to invest in yourself, your career, and the financial world.
SoFi is seeking a Staff Accountant to join our growing accounting team.
What you’ll do:
• Perform detailed account reconciliations
• Prepare complete and easy to follow work papers explaining issue, procedures and conclusion
• Apply knowledge of accounting theories
• Identify issues and work with more senior team members to come up with an effective execution
• Work through year-end annual audit (Audit experience is a plus)
• Prepare journal entries and monthly reconciliations
• Assist with month and year end closing
• Prepare or assist in the preparation of reports for management and external auditors
• Analyze accounts, journal entries, subsidiary ledgers, and other accounting documents for
accuracy and completeness
• Assist in developing and preparing analytical and statistical reports to support management
What you’ll need:
• Applied working knowledge of U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and
• Strong organizational, analytical, mathematical, and project management
• A forward-thinking and hands-on approach
• A desire to learn
• Strong knowledge of accounting theory and practice
• Computer skills, including Excel, Word, and general ledger systems
• Knowledge of balance sheets, income statements, and mathematical concepts such as fractions,
percentages, and ratios
Nice to have:
CPA or audit experience
Why you’ll love working here:
- Competitive salary packages and bonuses
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and life insurance benefits
- Generous vacation and holidays
- Paid parental leave for eligible employees
- 401(k) and education on retirement planning
- Tuition reimbursement on approved programs
- Monthly contribution up to $200 to help you pay off your student loans
- Great health & well-being benefits including: telehealth parental support, subsidized gym program
The health and safety of our employees and their families is our top priority. Due to the ongoing nature of the COVID-19 pandemic, effective on November 1, 2021, U.S. employees must be fully vaccinated and boosted (when eligible) to work from any of our offices, travel for business or attend work-related meetings.The company will make reasonable accommodations when possible for employees who are unable to be vaccinated because of a disability, pregnancy, sincerely held religious belief, or for other legally required reasons..Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.New York applicants: Notice of Employee RightsSoFi is committed to embracing diversity. As part of this commitment, SoFi offers reasonable accommodations to candidates with physical or mental disabilities. If you need accommodations to participate in the job application or interview process, please let your recruiter know or email [email protected]Due to insurance coverage issues, we are unable to accommodate remote work from Hawaii or Alaska at this time.