Staff Accountant at Everactive (Remote)
Everactive brings self-powered intelligence to the physical world. Operating without batteries, the company’s always-on wireless sensors deliver continuous cloud-based analytics at a scale not possible with battery-powered devices. Everactive’s end-to-end solutions are built upon groundbreaking advances in ultra-low-power circuit design and wireless communication that allow the company to power its Eversensors exclusively from harvested energy.About the role
- The Staff Accountant will be responsible for maintaining financial records, performing account reconciliations and monthly close processes, maintaining the general ledger, ensuring compliance with GAAP and providing monthly financial statement reporting. Everactive primarily uses Netsuite, along with other supporting technology like Bill.com and Concur. Detailed responsibilities are as follows:
- Preparing monthly closing schedules, account reconciliations and booking journal entries
- Delivering monthly financial statement reports and other analyses
- Preparing for and assisting with annual financial audit by ensuring supporting documentation is readily available, preparing required workpapers and creating documentation around processes and procedures
- Establishing and enforcing proper accounting methods, policies and principles
- Identifying and implementing improvements for existing processes to maximize effectiveness and efficiency of month-end close and day-to-day operations, through collaboration with other departments
*This a remote position.Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in accounting and five years of relevant accounting experience
- Certified Public Accountant license is preferred
- Knowledge and experience with a large-scale ERP, preferably Netsuite
- Prior experience working at a start-up or in the SaaS industry is a big plus
- Excellent research and strong organizational skills with exceptional attention to detail, comfortable in a fast-paced environment, able to optimally prioritize tasks, positive and pleasant in interactions
- Strong understanding of U.S. GAAP and foundational accounting concepts
- Ability to work independently to resolve issues and propose relevant solutions
- Intermediate Microsoft Excel skills, particularly the ability to update and build spreadsheets (e.g., formulas such as V-lookups, SumIfs and pivot tables)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to interact effectively with all levels of employees and various departments within the company
- Passionate about positively engaging with other stakeholders
- Desire to learn, grow and be challenged
Successful Everactive employees routinely exhibit our four core values:
- Pioneering ideas: to revolutionize computing, we look for the best ideas without being constrained by existing approaches. This clean slate, first principles approach expands our creative scope and helps us lead development of the next generation IIoT with field-changing technology.
- Rigorous, honest thinking: we approach all of our endeavors with intellectual honesty and rigor. This honesty leads us to careful self-evaluation - identifying and admitting what we do not know – and to making hard decisions when we believe they are right.
- Live well, work well: we believe that there are many things in life that are more important than work and that a fulfilling life outside of work makes it easier to do excellent work when you are focusing on the work part of life. Likewise, working well makes life more fulfilling.
- One Team: We are a team of diverse individuals aligned by a common vision of the future of computing. We are strongest when we respect and embrace our differences. This requires that we share our thoughts, ask questions, and candidly provide feedback and encouragement to others. We are passionately committed to inclusion across race, gender, age, beliefs, identity, orientation, and life experiences that make us unique. Our diversity drives our greatest achievements.
Everactive is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity in all its forms. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, genetic information, veteran or disability status.
We are committed to recruit, hire, and develop an exceptional team of individuals aligned by a common vision of the future of computing. We recognize that our team is strongest when we respect and embrace differences while cultivating a culture of inclusion across race, gender, age, religion, identity, orientation, beliefs, and life experiences that make us unique. Our diversity is what drives our greatest achievements.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.