Staff Accountant at Wix
Wix's U.S. Finance Team. We support the entire U.S. operations with accounting, payments, employee expenses, payroll, and benefits administration. We're a group of fun-loving professionals who love numbers and helping employees with any finance-related questions they may have.
We're looking for a Staff Accountant in New York to join our team.
An accountant with 1-3 years of experience. You have great knowledge of day-to-day accounting processes, specifically in bookkeeping for small- and medium-sized businesses (SMBs). You're self-driven but you work just as well in a team. You have worked in public accounting with an emphasis on bookkeeping for SMBs, or you have experience working for an SMB that reports to a consolidated entity. You've worked in an ERP system in the past (bonus points if it's Oracle).
As a Staff Accountant, you will:
- Report to the U.S. Financial Controller and take responsibility for processing accounting and financial reporting activities for our Wix U.S. subsidiaries
- Assist in the daily accounting bookkeeping processes as well as the monthly close process; accounting records, journal entries, flux analyses and reconciliations
- Assist in the accounts payable process, including processing invoices, reconciliation of vendor invoices, timely payment, and analysis of vendor spending
- Assist in credit card processing including reporting, tracking of receipts, and analysis of credit card spending
- Assist in state and local tax preparation and tax filings for our Wix US subsidiaries
- Assist in integrating the Wix US subsidiaries from the existing ERP systems (QuickBooks) to Oracle
- Work cross-functionally with Operations, HR, and IT by providing financial insights and relevant reporting and accounting activities
- Reconcile cash and assist in the preparation of cash forecasts
- Review all operating expense activities
- Enhance internal controls over financial reporting and processes
- Assist with the external audit and reviews.
Working at Wix
Join us to work in one of the most exciting companies in the world, serving over 200M users worldwide. This is a chance to be part of a fast-growing, dynamic, fun, and creative environment. You'll work with an amazing group of professionals who are also great people, with whom you can do extraordinary things.
While the U.S. Wix team is WFH during COVID-19, at this time we are seeking New York-based candidates who are able and willing to work on-site once we return to the office.
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Wix was built around the idea that everyone has the right to be successful, online. This same vision defines us as an employer: creating a work environment where everyone is welcome and anyone has the right to succeed.