What you'll do:
- Oversee the AP process to ensure consistent and proper coding of invoices
- Record daily cash activity; research and resolve any new or unusual cash activity, reconcile to third-party reports
- Assist with the monthly and quarterly financial close; compile data and prepare journal entries for balance sheet accounts (i.e. prepaids, accruals, deferrals, credit cards, and amortization as required)
- Assist in performing monthly and quarterly flux analyses
- Address documentation requests and inquiries during the annual audit & gathering requests for tax return preparation
- Seek ways to improve upon accountings processes & procedures
- Work cross-functionally with other Skillshare departments to confirm allocations are properly recorded towards departmental budgets
- Execute ad hoc projects to help poise the business for scale
Why we're excited about you:
- 2-3 years of accounting experience in a corporate setting (public accounting experience is a bonus!)
- Excellent technical skills, particularly in navigating detailed system-generated source reports, downloading and manipulating data
- Extraordinary organizational and time-management skills, with high attention to detail and ability to juggle multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Confidence working independently, actively seeking mentorship as needed
- Positive attitude and a sense of ownership to ensure deadlines are met
- Highly proficient in Google Sheets/Excel & experience working in accounting systems (NetSuite experience is a plus)
Why you're excited about us:
- Impact: Our company is scaling quickly, and you’ll ensure our finance operations scale with us.
- Growth: as an invaluable member of a new department, you’ll have the opportunity to lead creative, define the department mission, and advance your hard & soft skills.
- Our team: We have a passionate, talented team that is a lot of fun to work with.
- Our mission: We’re doing work that matters – connecting lifelong learners around the world and empowering them to pursue their creativity.
- Flexibility: We believe that doing your best work means living a full life. That means different things for everyone, so we optimize for trust, invest to support remote teams, have an unlimited vacation policy (with a required minimum!), and encourage work-life balance.