We believe that generosity has the power to create profound change in the world and in the heart of the giver.
With that in mind, it’s our mission to move the needle on global generosity by helping nonprofits better connect with and inspire their givers.
Our Guiding Principles
Build Better: Looking to build audacious ideas to accelerate philanthropy and dismantle the status quo? We hire the best and brightest to reshape and grow generosity. We are endlessly curious and our work is never done.
Be Responsive: Do you believe personal relationships drive generosity? You might be one of us! We listen and personalize. We play the long game. We are nimble and lead with empathy to build better solutions for our customers, team, and partners.
Stay Humble & Enjoy What You Do: We take our work seriously, but we don’t take ourselves too seriously. We lead by serving. No team member is a “big deal”. We lead with humility and understanding, we laugh often and take joy in helping one another. We celebrate each other and believe life is too short not to LOVE what you do.
Grow Together: We are like ants. Each team member is able to lift 100 times their own weight, but we recognize that the sum of our parts is greater than the whole. Collaboration is at the heart of everything we do. We have high expectations for each other but we foster flexibility.
We are expanding our Finance and Accounting team at Virtuous’ Phoenix office! We are looking for a Staff Accountant who is passionate about their own professional development while supporting the CFO and Controller in the day to day accounting functions. We need a hands-on learner who can understand the order-to-cash process including all of its related systems. This is an opportunity to grow and develop with the company while creating efficient and automated SaaS finance operations that will help our customers and employees succeed.
- Perform Accounts Receivable collection efforts and follow up on customer requests and questions,
- Enter vendor bills into Bill.com, process payments, and reconcile to Xero, our accounting system.
- Monitor and reconcile credit card transactions including follow up on receipts and coding.
- Respond to questions from vendors and employees about the use of these systems, payments, and other inquiries.
- Coordinate the fulfillment of partnership agreements, assist with their payments and recording of the services to the financials.
- Prepare journal entries and perform monthly reconciliations of balance sheet accounts
- Assist with month-end close by performing bank reconciliations, investigating and solving for reconciling items.
- Assist in the Order to Cash process in a SaaS environment by processing and reviewing customer contracts and billings for accuracy in our various tracking systems.
- Assist with variance analysis to budgets and forecasts and other FP&A activities.
- Participate in the design and implementation of accounting policies, internal controls and other compliance related topics.
- Identify cost savings, process inefficiencies and present solutions to the finance team.
- 2+ years of related accounting experience
- Adaptable and collaborative self-starter who enjoys a dynamic high-growth environment
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Attention to detail with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to learn new software applications quickly
- Basic understanding of GAAP including ASC 606 and SaaS revenue recognition
- Functional knowledge of Bill.com, Xero and SaaSOptics
What We Offer
- 401k with match
- Unlimited PTO
- Paid volunteer time
- Medical/Dental/Vision BenefitsDependents are also eligible for coverage
- HSA/FSA offerings
- OneMedical, Talkspace, & Teladoc Memberships
- Fun company outings and events
More Information on Virtuous
Virtuous operates in the Software industry. The company is located in Phoenix, AZ. Virtuous was founded in 2014. It has 78 total employees. To see all 22 open jobs at Virtuous, click here.
Read Full Job Description