Staff Accountant at axogen (Tampa Bay, FL)
Axogen is committed to building and maintaining a strong and gratifying company culture that fosters a work-life balance and professional growth. Our hands-on and personal approach makes transitioning to a new job a seamless and enjoyable process. Most benefits are effective on day one!
Axogen is the leading company revolutionizing the science of nerve repair. We are passionate about helping to restore function and quality of life to patients with physical damage or discontinuity to peripheral nerves.
Contribute to positively impacting lives while working for a company that respects, recognizes, and values all team members!
Axogen is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against applicants on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, age, sex, marital status, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Why you’ll love working at Axogen:
- Friendly, open, and fun team culture that values unique perspectives
- Company-wide dedication to profoundly impacting patients’ lives
- Comprehensive, high-quality benefits package effective on date of hire
- Educational assistance available for all employees
- Matching 401(k) retirement plan
- Flexible working hours
- Paid holidays, including floating holidays, to be used at your discretion
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Referral incentive program
If you want to see how you can impact lives at Axogen, take a look at these inspiring patient stories: https://www.axogeninc.com/patient-stories/
Axogen is hiring for a Staff Accountant in Tampa, FL!
Job Summary of the Staff Accountant
The responsibilities of the Staff Accountant include maintaining financial records and reports, performing account reconciliations, analysis, accounting close processes, assisting with auditor requests, and maintaining documentation. You will also be assisting the manager as needed and responding to information requests by management.
Requirements of the Staff Accountant
- Bachelors in job related study
- MBA (Master in Business Administration), a plus
- Active CPA (Certified Public Accountant), a plus
- 0+ years relevant experience
- Public company Industry experience, a plus
- Previous public accounting experience, a plus
Responsibilities of the Staff Accountant
The specific duties of the Staff Accountant include but are not limited to:
- Maintaining financial reports, records, and general ledger accounts.
- Preparing journal entries, analyses, and account reconciliations.
- Participate in monthly close
- Maintaining documentation for transactions and journal entries.
- Performing monthly balance sheet reconciliations.
- Meeting processing and reporting deadlines.
- Ensuring compliance with GAAP.
- Performing other duties as assigned by Manager.
- Complying with all company policies, procedures, SOPs (Standard Operating Procedures), and Sarbanes Oxley Section 404 internal controls.
- Ensuring that financial and Sarbanes Oxley documentation is maintained in an acceptable manner.
111 West Oak Ave., Tampa, FL 33602
Axogen is on a hybrid work schedule at some facilities, with 3 days in office and 2 days remote.
Axogen follows healthcare system guidelines with respect to credentialing, vaccinations and other employment/compliance related requirements, as well as CDC guidance. Axogen reserves the right to amend its policies from time to time in its sole discretion.
If you know someone who would be a great candidate for this position, or any others, just copy and send this link! https://grnh.se/cc84962d2us