As a Staff Accountant, you will report to the Accounting Manager. You will perform general accounting duties within the accounting and finance department that support the organization’s day-to-day operations, and the month-end and year-end close process.
This position is 100% remote.
- Analyze balance sheet accounts and provide explanation and support for fluctuations
- Prepare and record recurring journal entries and ad hoc entries
- Generate monthly reports and compile data for further analysis by other team members
- Perform monthly P&L flux analysis and identify drivers and potential entries
- Prepare schedules and reports according to the monthly close deadlines
- Spot errors and proactively escalate findings that might affect P&L adjustments or close deadlines
- Suggest ways to improve efficiency
- Ensure compliance with GAAP principles
- Support financial and tax audits
- Assist with more complex accounting projects with other members of the accounting and finance team or with other departments
- 2+ years general accounting experience either in a public accounting firm and/or in a private corporate environment
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, math, business administration or a related field preferred, or commensurate experience
- Intermediate to Advanced Excel (e.g. VLOOKUP, HLOOKUP, XLOOKUP, SUMIFS, Pivot tables, CONCATENATE, LEFT/RIGHT/MID, Text to Columns, etc.)
- AWS Cloud Practitioner Certification (required within 1 year of hire)
Perks & Benefits
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance for employees and their dependents with options for 100% company paid premiums
- 401(k) plan with company matching
- Profit sharing bonuses based on performance
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Health and Dependent Care)
- Life insurance paid by Mission
- Paid time off (Unlimited FlexPTO, parental leave, volunteering time off)
- Inclusive work environment with several Employee Resource Groups
- Fully distributed team with flexible work hours
- Home office furniture & equipment expenses
- Flex stipend for use on cell phone, home internet, wellness, etc. It’s up to you!
- An internal department dedicated to helping team members on their career path
Commitment to Diversity
We are committed to diversity and inclusion. We value every individual’s unique story, experience, and perspective. We aim to amplify the voices of our team members and our community to create a safe, empathetic, and inclusive environment where everyone can contribute one’s authentic self.
Mission is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Mission will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with The Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
About Mission Cloud Services
Mission is an Amazon Web Services (AWS) Premier Consulting Partner and MSP. Clients depend on us to expertly and securely architect, migrate, manage, and optimize their cloud environments.
Mission’s team of AWS Certified Solutions Architects and DevOps Engineers are ready to help you harness the full power of the AWS cloud to transform your business and operations.
Read Full Job Description