As a Staff Accountant, you will be responsible for completing and overseeing various accounting activities. If you are an enthusiast for details, have a knack for reconciliations, have a solid base in accounting, want to grow your skills, and be part of a quickly growing company, this is the role for you!
Come join us at Bigleaf to help businesses connect to their customers, people like us, people like you!
This position is 100% remote!
- Bank Account Reconciliation
- Review applicable banking transactions to ensure all transactions are processed and accounted for accurately daily in NetSuite
- Accounts Receivable
- Communicate with customers and perform collections activities as needed
- Provide additional assistance to the AR team as needed
- Month End Close
- Maintain revenue recognition worksheets to support monthly revenue recognition
- Assist in monthly P&L variance research
- Month end accrual analysis
- Update PPD schedules with processed prepaid entries
- Aid AP team as needed
- Responsible for preparing various journal entries for month end closing, and completing the close process in a timely manner
- Responsible for identifying reconciling items and taking action to correct root cause of problem or process
- A strong attitude of service towards co-workers and customers
- At least 3 years of accounting experience in relevant roles (direct experience with a SaaS company is a strong plus!)
- Strong working knowledge of NetSuite, MS Word, and Excel (experience with Expensify is also a plus!)
- Analytical and strong attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and work efficiently
- Ability to work with a team as well as independently
- Good organizational and time management skills
Who We Are:
Bigleaf Networks improves Cloud connectivity and Internet performance. We are a team of telecom and network software professionals who built our Cloud-first SD-WAN service based on the natural architecture of leaves. We provide a better Internet experience with simple implementation, friendly support, and powerful technology.
Bigleaf exists because of leaders and dreamers who believed there was a better solution to a technological need in business. As we continue to grow, we keep this leadership mentality in mind, and we encourage each other to constantly be improving by developing grit, servant leadership, diversity, and innovation.
Our Core Values:
Whether working with a customer or interacting with one another around the office, Bigleaf’s core values are heartfelt service, positive attitude, transparency, and focus. At our core, we are here at Bigleaf to develop technology that will help people, and these values help us maintain that intention.
Highlight of our Benefits:
- Medical (We pay 100% of medical premiums for our HSA health plan - buy up options available)
- Dental & Vision (We pay 100% for all levels of coverage)
- Life insurance, long term disability
- 401k with dollar for dollar safe harbor match
- Stock options plan
- Generous parental leave (6 weeks)
- 4 weeks of PTO +1 week of Wellness Time per year
- 13 Company Holidays
- Wellness Reimbursement
- Technology/Remote Work Stipend
- Monthly credit for GrubHub
- 2x per year full company offsite events!
This is a very exciting period of growth for our team. We appreciate you taking the time to carefully read through this ad. Our vision is to bring peace into the lives of our customers through advanced technology and excellent service. If you would like to join us in this role, please send along a resume and cover letter of how you meet the qualifications above and why you’re interested. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, life insurance, long term disability, 401k with match and a stock options plan.
We're building a team in addition to a product, and we value and seek inclusion and diversity in that team. We are an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity and feel it makes our teams stronger, so we encourage you to apply even if you don't meet the exact qualifications for this role.